Sign in to follow this  
Guest merchant

Addon scenery causing Magnetic Heading Displacement

Guest merchant

I am trying to track down the cause of displaced heading caused by addon scenery. The problem is my flight plan headings from FS9 flight planner deviates by 20 or 30 degrees. I have removed all addon scenery and replaced each one by one. Upon re-installing Boris Foero's Quito 2005 scenery I checked my flight plan KSEA to KORD and waypoints which should have been on a heading of 70 degrees FS9's flight planner had the headings at 44 degrees! So, I deleted all the scenery.dat files forcing FS9 to rebuild the scenery indices and the problem disappeared. Next, I re-installed RKSI for Jetways and Terminals for ACOF, by Jan Martin and the headings in the flight plan were 90 degrees! So, I deleted all the scenery.dat files and the problem disappeared. I mostly use payware scenery specifically written for FS9. Is the situation common? How do I find the offending scenery?Thanks,

Others have reported similar problems.Sometimes this is triggered when AFCAD and AFCAD 2 files are mixed in the same scenery. You might want to check the offending sceneries and look for AF_* and AF2_* files mixed together.Also, a poorly written exclude or flatten file can cause the same effect. You might want to try removing these files one at a time until the problem is cured.Todd

Guest merchant

>Others have reported similar problems.>>Sometimes this is triggered when AFCAD and AFCAD 2 files are>mixed in the same scenery. You might want to check the>offending sceneries and look for AF_* and AF2_* files mixed>together.>>Also, a poorly written exclude or flatten file can cause the>same effect. You might want to try removing these files one>at a time until the problem is cured.>>Todd>How can I identity exclude files? Does the naming convention include EXC in the filename? Also, is deleting all scenery.dat files and forcing FS9 to rebuild scenery indices a temporary fix and should I removed the sceneries where the problem initially started?Thanks,

Perhaps Scanafd by Eliot Rogers...? ( thanks for the utility Elliot );-) availible here in the Avsim librarySteve.

Guest merchant

>Perhaps Scanafd by Eliot Rogers...? ( thanks for the utility>Elliot );-) availible here in the Avsim library>>Steve. SCANAFD is part of my flightsim toolkit. I regularly run SCANAFD to check for duplicate AFCADs.