Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tomlin

Best Lear 45 package?

Guest Tomlin

Hi allJust wondering if anyone here knows of a file out there somewhere that is much improved over the default Lear 45? I found a flight model here on Avsim in the library, but it is seemingly waaay over powered and also has some quirky characteristics at cruise.Thanks, and if you know of any Lear 45 dimension info, I would appreciate an email to e_tomlinAThotmail.comEric T

Guest Tomlin

Is there absolutely NO improved airfile for the Lear 45 at all? Please, someone speak up. Im sure there has to be one somewhere.For some reason the default L45 is giving me all sorts of pitch problems and I dont know what to do to make it less sensitive. I have recalibrated my CH yoke several times now. Suggestions?(for those wondering, I know that the default FS9 a/c arent very good, but this is for a flight deck project, so I just wanted to advise that I have a hangar full of ES, PMDG, etc. I just need a good Lear 45 now).THanks,

Guest william273

i fly the defaults all the time and have no problem with 'em. although it took a bit of time and learning, i feel ok with them now. what exactly are your pitch problems in the lear? william

To my knowledge - there is no replacement for the default Lear -- you might be able to find an updated air file from the library -- but that's it.Eaglesoft makes some other biz jets -- and FeelThere has the Legacy, those (payware) aircraft might be worth checking out.

Guest jordanmoore

Eric,Using notepad, you can easily open the aircraft.cfg file for the default Lear45 (make a backup!) and find the following section:[flight_tuning]cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0parasite_drag_scalar = 1.0induced_drag_scalar = 1.0elevator_effectiveness = 1.0aileron_effectiveness = 1.0rudder_effectiveness = 1.0pitch_stability = 1.0roll_stability = 1.0yaw_stability = 1.0elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0These are fairly self explanatory, and I imagine you can come up with with a pitch "feel" that you are more happy with.Jordan Moore

Guest richpress

Have a look at http://www.arch-spada.com/panels/. There is a modified panel which I have used in preference to the default.Also check out lear45-panel-v1.0.zip in the Avsim library. Both are great.

Guest richpress

Uploaded an image of the zip file mentioned.Hope this helps.Richard