Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Coastline - Terrain Problem (I Think?)

Hello peeps.I'm pulling my hair out with this one - just can't seem to find a solution (see pic).....Problem ONLY on UK coastlines. No doubt a conflict between the addons, i just can't find where.Addons are: FS Terrain (World CD set), VFR Terrain (UK coastline & mesh) and UT Europe.If i unistall VFR Terrain, the problem is MUCH wourse!I'm pretty sure i've got all relevant patches and updates etc.Would be most grateful if anyone can help?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164479.jpg

Guest banker

Phil,the answer is straightforward and comes in the forum of the configurationprogram of UT...Restore the default Fs9 settings first.Then apply all features in UT as you would like them...I had the same problem but I solved it this way. You'll find the same solution at the UT forums.Happy flyingLuc Brusselmans

I don't have any of those addons, but looking at your shot it appears that you are missing an updated watermask file. In UT these have names beginning HP9. But that VFR addon is photoscenery, right?. If so, it probably is better to remove the coastline and leave just the photo. Otherwise you will get a sliver of landclass between the photo and the coastline you see here and it probably won't color match up. If this is the case, then you could probably eliminate the UT coatline file so you don't get the line in the water. These begin with HL9.Is it just in this area, or is it happening all over?I'm surprised the VFR indicated coast is so much different from UT Europe. Maybe someone with those packages can provide an opinion on which one is better?scott s..

Thanks guysTried as you suggested Luc - no help i'm affraid.No, the VFR Terrain is not photo scenery. As the name suggests, it's a terrain enhancer with coastlines too.Never heard of a 'watermask' file, but guess i'll go look.

I'm at work at the moment, Phil, so I can't verify the exact wording, but - to expand on the earlier poster re UT - turn off the "Enhanced Coasts and Streams". I believe this is the fix.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yeah, I dont think you can have UT Europe AND VFR terrain activated at the same time as they both do the same thing.As stated above, try turning off the enhanced coastline feature in UT Europe. Only problem here is that you will lose the rest of Europe as well as the UK.I would contact Flight1 / Scenery Solutions over at the UT forum on Simflight.Glenn

Thanks all.Uninstalled VFRTerrain in the end, as UTE offers so much more.

Will be interested yo see if this cures your problem as I have something very similar but have never had VFR Terrain

ngxu_banner.png

>Will be interested yo see if this cures your problem as I>have something very similar but have never had VFR TerrainHere we go....FS9 ONLY with FSTerrain installed:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164559.jpgHere with FSTerrain & UTEurope:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164558.jpgand this what happens with FSTerrain, UTEurope and VFR Terrain all added - hence i uninstalled VFR Terrain.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164560.jpg

I have the same problem with UT USA and Megascenery PNW. It seem to have arised sometime after installing the UT USA 1.3 patch and disabling the Megascenery PNW (but it's still installed). I have a threadin the UT support forum about it.