Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTEK99

FSX autogen in FS9???

Hi,You can alter the autogen objects themselves, AFAIK. I have no way of knowing whether FSX autogen objects can be used in FS9, but I would doubt it. The scenery bgl file structure is completely different, and I know that FS9 cannot read the new format.Another thing that cannot be read by FS9 is the FSX .agn structure, so you cannot have FSX or FS9 autogen if you move the FSX ground textures into FS9, unless you want to place the FS9 autogen by hand onto each texture.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

"Good point, I'll be looking for your post... :-)"Here's one to start--take a peek before the pics expire. I am sure those who get FS-X to "work" find beautiful visuals, but I think if you compare these shots I did in support of a Soft Horizons query to what you typically see out the real window in the flight levels, FS9 offers some pretty cool visuals at a far lower cost in terms of hardware and frustration...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&mesg_id=249457

"I probably have three thousand post's in this FS9 forum, beta tested FS9.................and now I'm being watched ---very closely--? Very sad, isn't it..."Yea and you've jumped ship in more ways than one... It is sad... :-roll

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'd suggest the "Koorby gen" and the tree fix I have which makes the trees smaller in size and a bit more realistic.HornitPS. Ill try and find the zip names, although that doesnt always work.

>John, L.Adamson writes above autogen has a big impact on>frames which is true in FSX. Then he goes on to say the>weather in FSX is better than FS9. No where did the original>poster mention anything about weather. So what? Would it interest you to know that the weather has less impact this time around or not. Perhaps someone else might be intersted if you're not.Dillon, I'm very surprised and embarrased to be a part of the child like mentality I'm seeing here. Yes, this truely IS becoming a wanna-be type forum. I can see that I have no longer have much reason to participate, as the thought level appears to be somewhere in junior high school. That would be back in the 60's for me. You know, the Vietnam era, and all that.Have a nice day...L.Adamson

>Yea and you've jumped ship in more ways than one... >>It is sad... :-roll Oh yes, I forgot, this is such "serious stuff"

Koorbygen lite and Treegen v 1.0 are the files to look for. Doing a search for autogen and or trees will result in finding them. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone. Makes a big difference to me.Hornit

Thanks, I have UT pro and GE, with the Koorbygen option, also the resized trees already. Over a certain altitude, to me FS9 looks better than FSX (2000 feet? I'm no good at remembering, nor judging, height), but trouble is I like flying low, and when I come to land the sense of bieng in a matchbox game kind of lets FS9 down for me, after seeing FSX. Of course, at around 10FPS in FSX, the experience is not ideal. I'm stuck, really, I suppose. I notice someone mentioned Flight1's ground scenery pro package. Anyone else use it. Does it just change the autogen texture, and is it compatible with UT and GE?