Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

What are your favorite routes to fly?

Guest dajackman

I am looking for some cool routes to fly for both airliner (IFR) and general aviation (VFR). I usually only have about 1.5 to 2 hours per session. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

i like KSEA-KPDX, KPDX-KSEA, KSEA-CYVR, KPDX-CYVR, CYVR-KSEA, CYVR-KPDX.all real world flights by alaska & horizon air and about 1-2 hour flights in a jet or turboprop. weather in vancouver (BC), portland and seattle can make for some great IFR. when clear lots of mountains to 'look at' (rainer, st. helens, hood, etc.).there are also quick hops around cascades and olympics from both portland and seattle - in WA: KBLI, KPWT, KPAE, KHQM, KMWH, KOLM, KPSC, KCLM, KRLD, KBFI, KYKM, KGEG, KSFF, KTIW, KVUO, KALW (all have ILS for IFR conditions.)in OR: KAST, KUAO, KCVO, KEUG, KLMT, KMMV, KMFR, KONP, KOTH, KPDT, KTTD, and KSLE (all have ILS for IFR conditions.)many of the above airports are served by horizon air's dash8s and/or CRJs.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest ps76

Hi,Have recently been flying the A319 (iFDG + Eric Marciano panel). My last routes were:Air Macau: Taipei (Taiwan) - MacauNorthwest: Minneapolis-Montreal, then return -Minneapolis.Northwest: Minneapolis-Denver, thenUnited: Denver-Sacramento.Am currently resting for a few days in my virtual spa resort in the Sonoma Valley (expenses paid of course(!)).Before the flights above I did the Fs9 Book writer Cessna adventure (default) which had suprisingly lots of good IFR/IMC flights.

On the VFR side, I love flights to/from Florida and the Bahamas using the new Freeflow Bahamas scenery. I usually depart from Palm Beach (PBI) and head east to... well wherever. Nassau is great if you have the payware airport from Imaginesim. If not, Freeflow has a ton of great airports all over the various islands. Useful links:Freeflow: http://www.fs-freeflow.com/Imaginesim: http://www.imaginesim.com/news.htmPBI scenery by FRF studios (here in library)Real world info on flying the Bahamas: http://www.bahamas.com/bahamas/experience/...experience=flyi(great site)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Anchorage - Juneau (PANC/PAJN). About 2 hours in a turbo prop. Good variation of weather and you need to follow the charts to avoid the mountains. Be sure to update FS9 with the freeware mesh available from Holdger Sandman.Another fav of mine is Heathrow (EGLL) to Rome (LIRF). 2 hours in a 767 with challenging takeoff SID and enjoyable freeware LIRF airport scenery at your destination.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

My favorite is out of Reno and down the Owens Valley--I generally use Carson City, Minden, Mono Lake, and Bishop as waypoints and I like to set up the flight about an hour or two before sunset and cruise about 10-11K feet. This really takes advantage of the shadows that terrain casts in MSFS, where you have the steep slope of the Sierra's on the starboard side and the basin and range country lit by the evening twilight on the port side of the aircraft. It's a great flight! I usually end the flight by continuing to Vegas if time permits. This flight is also pretty breathtaking in FS2002.-John

I notice all the flights listed so far have been in the US.If you want something a little out of the ordinary, here's one I recently discovered:Caracas - Simon Bolivar Intl (SVMI) - Margarita - Del Caribe (SVMG)It's about a 150nm hop, so you could try it with a GA type, or a jet, whatever takes your fancy! Take off from Simon Bolivar Intl (SVMI) and follow coastline east, and then a hop over open water to the Caribbean Island of Margarita and it's airport Del Caribe (SVMG). If you've got a good terrain mesh installed you'll be treated to some spectacular virtual views of the Venezuelan coastline. Best of all, there are pretty good freeware sceneries for both airports available at "the other site".Enjoy!

"Caracas - Simon Bolivar Intl (SVMI) - Margarita - Del Caribe (SVMG"LOL!!!I am laughing because I had the chance to take this flight for real in '90, and in real life it's quite enjoyable too. I was blessed to be sitting on the starboard side of the Avensa 727 we were on, and dang those mountains on the Venezuelan coast rise really high! I was stationed at Margarita for several weeks working for a client there. It was a memorable trip because my client had a relaxed attitude and only required our working four hours a day--the rest of the time we lounged at the pool or by the beach :)-John

>i like KSEA-KPDX, KPDX-KSEA, KSEA-CYVR, KPDX-CYVR, CYVR-KSEA,>CYVR-KPDX.>>all real world flights by alaska & horizon air and about 1-2>hour flights in a jet or turboprop. weather in vancouver>(BC), portland and seattle can make for some great IFR. when>clear lots of mountains to 'look at' (rainer, st. helens,>hood, etc.).>>there are also quick hops around cascades and olympics from>both portland and seattle - >>in WA: KBLI, KPWT, KPAE, KHQM, KMWH, KOLM, KPSC, KCLM, KRLD,>KBFI, KYKM, KGEG, KSFF, KTIW, KVUO, KALW (all have ILS for>IFR conditions.)>>in OR: KAST, KUAO, KCVO, KEUG, KLMT, KMMV, KMFR, KONP, KOTH,>KPDT, KTTD, and KSLE (all have ILS for IFR>conditions.)>>>many of the above airports are served by horizon air's dash8s>and/or CRJs.>--Hey Scoob... maybe you should download Missoula, Montana scenery (an awesome freeware) and fly to it from KPDX or KSEA too.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest dajackman

Thanks to all for the great replies....now...what do I try first!

Guest PARADISE

KSEA D KJAC (Jackson Hole,Wy); KLAX D MMAA (time it so you arrive at sunset); KLAS D MMMX (can make for some challenging approaches); KBOS D KDCA (at night)Want something cool, yet challenging? Fly the entire lenght of the Grand Canyon below the canyon wall tops and do it without using the moving map to guide you.John M

Haha sounds like it was fun :) I just installed some freeware airports for Venezuela and wanted to check them out, so I made the above flight, and was really struck by the stunning scenery along the Venezuelan coast.As for real life.... In less than three weeks I'll be flying on an RAF Tristar down to the Falklands via Ascension - I'm very much looking forward to it as the Tristar is my favourite airliner and I haven't travelled on one since the 1980s!

Guest dajackman

John M,That a cool idea....