Sign in to follow this  
noodldoodl

Top 5 Favourite Add-Ons for FS2004

Oh no! There's obviously so much to choose from that each person's Top 5 was bound to be different. However, there are some suggestions which have repeatedly cropped up; Active Sky, FS Genesis mesh and a bunch more, so I can assume them to be essential, along with Ground Environment Pro, as I've studied their website long and hard and I think that'll add to the realism as much as anything will.Right now I'm downloading and intending to purchase the Portland scenery from FlightScenery.com...it looks by far the most realistic 3rd party add-on scenery and no one has literally anything bad to say about it!Thanks very much indeed for all suggestions and for making me feel welcome in this fantastic community.Ok, got to go hit the online stores!!! I'll prove how good I make this sim look by submitting to the screenshot forums!!!!!All the very best,noodldoodl...

To all ActiveSky users: Is it imperitive to use a registered version of FSUIPC? What's the differences if you don't? Is it just for the weather smoothing abilities of FSUIPC or more than that? Thanks. Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.12's6x EATM AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Hi,Imperative? No.There are many options outside of "weather" that the pay version has in it.Smoothing is present with the free version, but cannot be adjusted.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

active skyflight environmentground environmentultimate terrainflytampa loww scenery i haven't listed planes because those are very subjective to personal taste. for small ones i like carenado though..

I bought Flight 1's Super 80 some time ago, and I've flown it a lot, but I prefer the "modernness" of the ex-Lago MD83.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

"Flight 1's Super 80"Outstanding Product... :-)"ex-Lago MD83"No VC night lighting (gauge back lighting etc)... :-erks

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Well after years of being stubborn I finally bought the PMDG 737, the 800-900 version. I had heard it was very good, but also getting kind of old so I dismissed it. Boy was I wrong! This airliner has something really special about it that my other addons don't have. The flight dynamics, attention to detail and the sound are all incredible. I have some other very good addons, but none that feel so right. This bird may be getting old from a development standpoint, but it's leaped over everything else in my hangar.

Guest tango papa

Any scenery package from Holger Sandmann and team, both payware and freeware. His works are total magic!Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

If you want a top-class 737-700 with dynamic virtual cockpit for absolutely nothing, then you can't beat the 737 Experience, available here from the downloads section.;)

Guest daniel.alm

1: Project Tupolev Tu-154B-22: Active Sky 6.53: Radar Contact V44: Leonardo SH MD-825: Level-D 767

I will take a different approach since these you can use on every flight:1. TrackIR 42. Buttkicker3. Audio FX headset4. Triple Head 2 Go5. CH Yoke, Pedals, throttle QuadrantClutchProject 9 Dragons

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest dpc

:-lol I've been on the fence about ActiveSky 6.5 for a while because I had been using version 4.5 right along and was content with it. After reading this thread, I broke down and picked up V6.5. What a fantastic addon!! I used the Wx dependent textures and fired up a flight at my local airport. I was a amazed. I looked out the window at home and looked at my screen and it looked almost identical. Nice low ceiling, sky color, everything. And the performance was great with the default sized textures. Great stuff.

I have so many commercial and freeware sceneries of airports installed in the US and Europe. Some of them use their own landclass and meshes for the adjacent areas. I covered them all with GEPro textures/autogen. Is it safe to add the following 2 ONTOP of my current install:1. FS Genesis meshes2. Ultimate terrain Europe, USA/CanadaWill this addition seriously disturb my present installation? Is it possible to fix most of the inconsistences by manipulating the layer's order in Scenery library? I understand FSG meshes should come right above the default Addon Scenery layer in the SCENERY LIBRARY, then ULTIMATE TERRAIN layer followed by my specific airports and areas installed ontop. Is that right? What I seriously miss is the night look of the city infrastructure that Ultimate Terrain packages add to FS9. I'm not sure yet about FSG meshes, I may rather want to add specific Alps packages for Switzerland, Austria, France etc. Any recommendations?Thanks.