Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

CFG Configurations

I thought that I would post this question before reinstalling FS9. I was able to create different CFG files for different AC after setting all of the options for my controllers following Dave Roch's tutorial. All was fine until my HD started going bad.So I reinstalled FS9 on a new HD and copied all of my files to the new drive instead of reinstalling them, as that would have been a big and long process.Now when attempting to do the same with different CFG's, after making all the assignments, exiting the sim, renaming the CFG and placing it into the FS9 root system and creating the shortcut, on using the new shortcut, the sim launches into the DEFAULT FS9 CFG instead of using the modified one created for that particular AC.I was succesful with only one AC, the RealAir Spitfire. That shortcut does reference the modified cfg for the Spit while the others don't. I hope I've explained the problem clearly enough. By the way, I did delete the existing modified cfg's from the FS9 root directory before attempting to install any new ones. I would apprciate any ideas to save time. I've tried several methods without success, except on the Spitfire.Thanks ahead of time.Jima.k.a.

Are you talking about the SIMULATOR configuration file, configuration files for individual AIRCRAFT or configurations for PANELS?Flight Simulator uses the fs9.cfg in your "Documents and SettingsYour Windows XP Login NameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9" folder instead of one in your "Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9" folder. Substitute your own Windows XP log in name.The others go within the separate aircraft folders.The FS2000.cfg, FS2000.exe and FS2002.exe files are only there so installation routines for add ons can find the folder. Otherwise they aren't functional.

I'm referring to individual aircraft configurations. The procedure used before was this: Select the aircraft in FS9, make all assignments, close FS9 and then copy the FS9.CFG file located in "Documents and SettingsYour Windows XP Login NameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9", rename it to whatever.cfg and place it in the FS9 root directory. Then create a shortcut using the FS9.exe and adding the key /CFG:whatever.This worked great until copying all the existing files to the new hard drive. As I mentioned, instead of the new cfg file being applied to the specific aircraft, it loads the default cfg and I'm again reassigning controls.Hope this helps to explain it a little more.Thanks,Jima.k.a.

Guest RonB49

Hi Jim,I never tried shortcuts with modified targets; I have mine set up to start with .bat files which start FS9 with different configs. That's easy to do too if you want to try it. R-

Hi Ron, What you suggest sounds good but I'm not up on creating BAT files. Would you explain how you do it and provide an example? I would appreciate it and possibly give it a try.Jim