Sign in to follow this  

IE7 Pop-Up Blocker

I don't know what the problem is but IE7's Pop Up Blocker keeps blocking my downloads from the avsim library. Even though I've turned it OFF. :-mad It's not that I can't download, I always have to go up to that bar and click on "download this file". Anyone know how I keep this from happening? (remember, my pop-up blocker is turned off but still blocks!)Steve Lewis

Steve,I just saw this situation last night. Question>>>I noticed that when I went to the options it shows an"Always allow pop-up from.." screen. where you able to enter the site info in the box? I didn't try becuase it wasn't something important for me to deal with at the time.Try entering the site in and see what that does.MonnieBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Try what Monnie said. I think I had another chap try that and it worked recently

No, that's THE problem, guys. I have both avsim.com and library.avsim.net in the "allow" category -- AND I have the pop up blocker turned OFF!!! It still blocks anytime I want to download a file. I can still get the file, of course, by clicking on "allow this pop up" but what a pain. I don't understand why the thing still blocks when it is supposedly turned off...... Grrrrrrrrr.....

"...... Grrrrrrrrr....."Okay, Steve...I'm feeling your pain.:-) When I see my screen my pop-up box reads "pop-ups okay". I too turned my blocker off. I also have AVSIM set up in my "favorites". I have it allowed in my internet "trusted sites". I'm set to recieve cookies from this site. I have every thing quarantined and I have a tee shirt saying " I 'heart'AVSIM". I don't have the problem anymore, which is not to say that you won't. I agree with you. Ticked me of that it made me work to force the issue when I had it turned off. I hate it when I say 'yes' and it tells me 'no'.Heck ...I even read the instructions. They lie!!Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Or a even better option would be to use Firefox. I have no problems with anything when I use this browser.