Sign in to follow this  
northridge

Best payware 737

>First-hand knowledge recommendations, opinions and warnings>welcome.>Thanks.1) PMDG series: A bit long in the tooth, but the only real deal if you wish to get a 600/700/800 Boeing 7372) Feel There's "classic" 737/300/400/500-heavy on framerates-vc eyecandy not up to standards set by other payware developers.-have to deal with Wilco's close to non-existing support. 3) Ariane's 737 (regular and bbj)-overpriced-buggy flight model-outdated and buggy fmc -horrible activation procedure(s)-rude and unfriendly support-no patches-etc.do not buy this.I own all of the above aircraft.ricardo

I have the the Feelthere 737-300/400/500 and I strongly feel that the framerates of the package is no greater or worse than the Level-D 767-300ER or the PMDG 747-400 packages. The framerates of clouds and AI aircraft effect my 2.4 Ghz system more that my payware aircraft. I don't have, so I can not speak for or against the operational factors of the other software packages that Ricardo mentions in the above post.Of the three that I do have, the 767-300ER is that package that I fly the most, with the Feelthere package close behind. I just purchased the 747-400 so I am still learning the sim.I found that although the manual of the Feelthere package lacks in many areas, the tutorials offered by Feelthere, and other users, are more than enought to cover the aircraft. I did review the maual offered by PMDG and it is first class. After reviewing the mostly negative posts, I was scared off the Airane package.Tom

>have to deal with Wilco's close to non-existing support. the support on running the feelthere (FT) 737 classics comes from FEELTHERE not wilco.http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=15feelthere's support is TOP SHELF and very close to being available 24/7. there are also a large user base providing 'from the user' perspectives and ideas.the FT 737 panel has a good amount of detail. as a result it does ask a computer to do a lot of things. basic FS rule: more detail = lower framerates. in my use of the FMC equiped addons with four versions of FS ... feelthere's products do nothing unexpected with framerates (which WAY to many users use as the 'end all' benchmark for FS performance).the support for purchase and upgrade issues from wilco is hit and miss (i've always recieved good support; others have a horror story to tell). with wilco don't expect 'night (wilco is on -1 Zulu time i belive), weekend and holiday' support. very 9-5 and mon. - fri. business.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>>have to deal with Wilco's close to non-existing support. >>the support on running the feelthere (FT) 737 classics>comes from FEELTHERE not wilco.>>http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=15>>feelthere's support is TOP SHELF and very close to being>available 24/7. there are also a large user base providing>'from the user' perspectives and ideas.>>the FT 737 panel has a good amount of detail. as a result it>does ask a computer to do a lot of things. basic FS rule:>more detail = lower framerates. in my use of the FMC equiped>addons with four versions of FS ... feelthere's products do>nothing unexpected with framerates (which WAY to many users>use as the 'end all' benchmark for FS performance).>>the support for purchase and upgrade issues from wilco>is hit and miss (i've always recieved good support; others>have a horror story to tell). with wilco don't expect>'night (wilco is on -1 Zulu time i belive), weekend and>holiday' support. very 9-5 and mon. - fri. business.>>--I'd hardly consider 1.5 kb downloads via Wilco's servers "hit and miss"; I consider it NO support. The support on the FT forums is good but doesn't compare to what's offered on the various Flight 1 forums (e.g., LDS 767).The 737 PIC suffers from blurry and fuzzy textures as well as miserable framerates. In regards to the FT 737 PIC, it also needs to be pointed out that this download doesn't come with a manual (as this term is usually understood by the simming community); rather, it comes with a few pages of basic instructions. ricardo

PMDG 737NG series is still by far the best 737s for FS2004...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi,I'm not trying to intefere with the subject of the thread nor trying to imply anything about the aforementioned vendors. Please let me just stop by your comment: "more detail = lower framerates"This is simply not true. lower framerates has to do mostly and only with lack of code/algorithm optimizations and lack of graphics/3D optimizations in the context of FS9.As a matter of fact, just look at the number of "graphics related" options in many products offered for you to disable what is taking more resources from your computer. Of course, the better would be a product with which you wouldn't have to trade features vs performance.Hope this helps!

Ricardo,A quick question. I do not have the PMDG 737. Can you save a flight and return to that same flight, say later in the day, without a lot of effort? With the 747-400 I am required to save both the flight and its panel state prior to leaving the sim if I plan to return to the flight at a later time. How does the 737 handle a saved flight. I am only interested in if it can be done. A friend who received the PMDG 737 as a Christmas present told me that he read were you can not save a flight.ThanksTom

>Ricardo,>>A quick question. >>I do not have the PMDG 737. Can you save a flight and return>to that same flight>TomI don't think you can. But I may not remember correctly. I usually only do short-haul flights with the 737s. I'm assuming you mean by "saved flight" a save that would allow you to return to the panel state you were in when you left the flight.ricardo

I own both PMDG737 and PIC737 and like them both very much.The PIC does have an impact on the framerates but is not worse then the PMDG one.I can't say anything about Ariane, since I will never buy from them.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I have to come clean and say that I had already bought a 737 before posting.The Ariane was never considered because of the silly pricing; every time the PMDG is mentioned bad framerates are mentioned; as I wanted the "smaller" versions I bought the PIC.My first, very quick impression: it certainly is showing its' age, both in the panel visuals and the framerate hit: I have an Amd 4200, 7900GTX graphics and 2Gb of Ram and frankly I consider 9-12 unacceptable: I get high-teens to mid-twenties with the LDS 767 and PMDG 747.My fault, I should have waited for some of the new stuff that's on the horizon. Thanks for your replies.

Hi,We roughly have the same system...I have an AMD3500+, Radeon X850XT and 2GB RAM, but I get with PIC737 much better frates as you have. Indeed not the same as LDS767 but only a few less.My frates are locked at 24. With LDS most of the time I get 24, and with PIC737 about 20.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

PMDG - Good cockpit, flight models, manual. When it was new and still today a good product representing the NG series.PIC - Same as PMDG except pretty basic manual. Great representation of the 3,4,500 series 737.Ariane - Currently my favourite for the following reasons- - I've found custome service/support to be courteous, quick, and very helpful. Flight model (900ER - tho only one I have experience with) is very good, excellent manuals, cockpits well done. Activation is more complicated but when it's done it's worth it. Cost - well it is more expensive, to me the product is well worth it but this is a personal matter that everyone has to decide for themselves. Offers a great sense of immersion as you must be willing to read the manuals to get the most out of this aircraft.Hope this is of use. Dave

Guys I'm apart of the FeelThere team. A poster above is right, you have to go to the FeelThere website/forms for the best support. As far as framerates go you'll need to go into the configuration utility and lower the gauge refresh rate settings for the various guages listed there. I have mine set to the lowest for the PFD and ND displays. If you don't adjust these settings you 'WILL' have framerate problems... I'm at work now, I'll check back with you guys later...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I have all three, though since getting the Feelthere model, i've uninstalled the Ariane.The only one i have framerate problems with is the PMDG, though not serious. I love the Feelthere model, have everything set to high with no framerate hit.I feel it's the PMDG that's now dated, though i suppose it's silly to compare 345 series to the NG series.