Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim W

Spot View - How to disable Transition permanently

Guest japangg

Dear members,This has been asked before but it seems that I cannot find the thread in AVSIM forum. Does anybody know how to diable the transisition in Spot View Mode? I understand that you can do this from the menu while you're flying. But I don't find it practical to do this every time I started FS2002.I know that it has something to do with modufying fs2002.cfg.Can anybody help me with this? Thank you in advance.Regards,japangg

You can edit the cfg file but this is how you turn it off in FS...View / View Options. Select Spot Plane on the left and then deselect Gradual Transition.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Iain Spowart

If you de-select it as Ray has described above then save the game as the default start-up situation it will remember your preference. :-)Iain Spowart,Scotland.Webmaster and photographer,Scottish Rockettes Dance Squad Official Web-Sitehttp://avsim.iainspowart.com/rockettes.gifhttp://www.scottishrockettes.comScottish Claymores Cheerleaders Fan Sitehttp://www.claymorescheerleaders.comMotorsport Photographyhttp://www.iainspowart.com

Guest japangg

Hi Ray,Thank you for your reply. Do you know which section in fs2002.cfg that I need to modify?Regards,japangg

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Jap,no need to edit FS2002.cfg; you have to edit your startup situation instead.Open with notepad your .flt file and do a search for SpotFastTransition (usually under PANELS/WINDOW.1 section), after that be sure to edit that line as follow:SpotFastTransition=TrueNow when that situation is selected you can change how many aircrafts/locations you want and transition will ever be quick.Hope this helpLuigi ;-)

"If you de-select it as Ray has described above then save the game as the default start-up situation it will remember your preference."me monkey never thought of that...those gradual transitions in spot view were driving me crazythanks :-/

Guest japangg

Hi Luigi,Thanks, that's the value I need to know. But I found there are several *.flt files in FS2002 directory. Which one should I modify?Regards,japangg

Pardon me for butting in guys, but what is "gradual transition"... as opposed to other spot-plane viewing options?

I dont understand that question.... I guess...in the spot view by default you have a gradual transitionLets see what is that? ...quote the help message when you hover that option "select to have a sweeping, 'zoom-in' transition intoSpot Plane view". So when you uncheck that option you dont have that ,for some people, annoyance...btw, you get to set this via View->View Options menuanother annoyance of this feature is, it does not save or remember this setting (not for me anyway!)...so as described above, you have to save a flight with this setting off and make it a default one if you want this feature disabled....other spot plane viewing options are, zoom, distance, altitude andtype of gradual transition (roll,loop, fixed) oh yea, and if you see a red line in the image of the airplane..that is to set the angle around the plane...does this answer your question?

yeah.. that answers my question -- thanks for being a smart-a**.... we all don't know as much as you THINK you do, so don't talk down to people, whenever they ask an honest question!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi,maybe too late...You have to chose/create one flight as startup situation and give it a title i.e. "STARTUP FLIGHT". Save and then edit using a .txt editor as explained.hope this helpcheersLuigi ;-)

Ah some people like to talk with their foot in their mouth Stanley. They sometimes might not even notice they are being rude. I myself was wondering the same thing you were. Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithcrvm@iwon.com" A little learning is a dangerous thing"AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ] K7S5A MB |[b]GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

WELL I AM SORRY.. I thought i was only helping out...with a detailed descriptionsince , as I said I didnt quite get it what you were after with that question. Maybe a more detailed, for dumbasses like me, question wouldbe much more helpful. So my explanation was smart assish, becauseI was mentioning all necessary and unecessary details, that obviously hurt you, so I am sorry to insult your intelligence." we all don't know as much as you THINK you do"Gee thanks, how do you know what do I think? And no I do notthink I am smarter that you or others here... anyway , sorry... I am not here to fight...:-hmmm

well sorry for my rudeness, both of you, can you please forgive me?next time i will be more careful with the words.........>>Ah some people like to talk with their foot in their mouth >Stanley. They sometimes might not even notice they are being >rude. I myself was wondering the same thing you were. >>>>>Best Wishes, >Randy J. Smith >crvm@iwon.com > >" A little learning is a dangerous thing" >>AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ] >K7S5A MB |[b]GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO >|MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Guest Tim W

Dear SfeldiI for one did not read your letter as a rude reply. It seemed to me it was just a reply from someone who's first language is not English who was trying to explain something as best you could.You certainly did not deserve the rude reply you were given. Certainly makes you think about not bothering to offer help doesn't it? I hope it doesn't put you off. Stanley seems to have got completely the wrong end of the stick. Ah well, it happens!Best regardsTim