Sign in to follow this  
Guest tango papa

Problem with payware vendor!

Guest tango papa

I purchased the Scout package from RealAirSimulations and had it installed on my system, and everything worked fine. Last week, I installed MSXP, which caused a few problems, which were solved. My problem is I need to reinstall it again, but I forgot my password. I've sent sent several requests to have a new password sent, but I didn't get any reply from RealAir since yesterday morning. It's a big waste of money if I can't this issue resolved. Thanks in advance.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Go to:http://www.realairsimulations.com/list_box...?page=downloadsAnd look for 'retrieve lost file' for the Scout Package.If you have done that, email them (as you have done), and they will get back to you. A very reputable company. They just don't do this 24/7Which is why backing up your important info/files prior to reinstalling (when able), or on a consistent basis; Including your email database, which probably at one time contained an email from RealAir verifying your password/purchase. Believe me, I keep all this stuff, and back it up every couple/few months at minimum.That is our responsibility as a buyer, not the seller/vendor responsibility.

Guest tango papa

I did'nt loose the install file. I can't reinstall it. I have all of my codes written down in a notebook. This is almost as bad as when I purchased the package, it took 3 days before I received the file. I was spitting nails by then!!Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Then it sounds like you have everything you need, and for whatever reason, your code isn't working.Sometimes you just have to be patient, they will get back to you. As I say, these folks do not do this as their primary profession, and don't seem to 'man' their site 24/7. Nothing wrong with that, it is sometimes the 'nature of the beast' for third party developers.RealAir is a reputable company. Chances are pretty darn good that you will get service if entitled to it.Perhaps RealAir will consider the F1 Wrapper system some day, which I find the best way of buying/installing/reinstalling these products.

The password should be in an e-mail they sent to you when you made the purchase.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest tango papa

I wrote down the numbers given with the e-mail purchase authorization, and have tried every number, and it fails every time I try. I've tried every password I've used elsewhere, and I still end up with nothing! I'm at a total loss as what to do next. I might have well tossed my money out the window!Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

You know, now that you bring this up, something similar may have happened to me when first trying to install the Scout package.Have you tried 'turning off' any anti-virus/Internet protection temporarily while trying your password?Re-booting you computer?I can not remember why, but after trying a couple simple things, I got the installer to load.

>"but I forgot my password. I've sent sent several requests to have a new password sent, but I didn't get any reply from RealAir since yesterday morning.">SINCE YESTERDAY MORNING??????? :-fume>"It's a big waste of money if I can't this issue resolved."> . . . I'll tell ya, buddy, in case you aren't aware. . . Rob Young and RealAir Simulations has the loyalty and respect of almost every one that subscribes to this forum. Displaying "attitude" will get you no help from anyone here.Rob WILL get your problem fixed. He MAY be in hospital. He MAY be on the way to the States. He MAY be doing any one of a dozen things which would keep any one of us away from a pc. You should honestly show a little patience - you might get more sympathy.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest tango papa

I have been able to connect to Aerosoft for the same reason, with no problems. I'm not running any spam filters, so no blocked e-mails. I had a smillar problem D/L'ing the Kodiak file dozens of times. It would complete extracting, and then I would get error message- "bad address ..." I sent an e-mail to Mr Ortis regarding my problem, and he offered send a copy on CD by mail. Installed and fired up perfectly. Maybe there are a few gremlins inside my computer.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

I wasn't speaking of simply 'spam filters' which would keep you from getting an email. I was suggesting turning off your 'internet security' temporarily, whether it be Win XP's built-in protection, or Norton, or anyone else's.

Guest tango papa

I'm sorry if I was a bit upset about this problem, but I am now into the third day with no response from RealAir. I don't see any other solutions.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Yup; three days is gettin' a bit too long. I'm begining to feel let down as well. :(:-ukliam ROB!! WHERE ARE YOU???? YOU HAVE AN UNHAPPY CUSTOMER HERE!!!!! :-ukliam This is way out of character for Rob. He usually visits this site every day. I have no idea why he would not have responded in his usual timely fashion. :-hmmm I still have to recommend a bit more patience, though, if you can; he is one great developer who actually cares about his clients and his products, and this shows in all his posts. I know he would be pretty upset if he was aware of your plight, and that he will will look after your issue immediately that he becomes aware of it. Best regards,pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi there,I am not in hospital, nor am I on board an aircraft! We respond to all e-mails typically within a day, and more often than not within hours, and sometimes minutes.Not knowing the e-mail address of papa tango I cannot trace him at the moment, but I will search. Two reasons are likely. One is that we simply did not receive the e-mail. It is rare but it sometimes happens. If we had received an e-mail I would have responded AS SOON AS I SAW IT. The second reason (which is more likely) is that there are filters or perhaps over-zealous anti virus software, either on the customer's computer or his server which is simply blocking our outgoing e-mails. There is absolutely nothing we can do about this.If you are there papa tango, please send me the ORIGINAL e-mail again together with a fresh covering e-mail, if possible using and alternate e-mail address and I WILL sort it out the moment I receive it.As PJ as already stated, we NEVER ignore customers and always reply.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

HI Bkeske,It is actually our primary profession and we do man the site almost 24/7, though it is nice to get some sleep occasionally. But thanks for your calming words to papa tango, whose e-mails I cannot trace, for reasons given in a reply below.I am trying to trace him now. We NEVER ignore our customers.On another point, unless a customers bank is holding up the transaction, 99% of orders are sent within minutes. The only exception is some paypal orders which have to be cleared manually by our e-commerce provider, but this is prominently stated on our website before a customer commits to a purchase.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page