Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Calling all King Air B200 drivers...

this is to the flightsimmers that fly the aeroworx B200 plane on a regular basis.just curious, where you fly and who you fly for, like in what VA you are with... if your with any at all, or what type of roll you simulate with the a/c, just curious thats allthanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

First, I must say the aeroworx B200 is an amazing aircraft, for those who dont have it i strongly suggest you consider it. Having said that, im not associated with aeroworx, i just love this aircraft.Anyways, I usually like to fly from a major airport into small, little towns and cities, included dirt, grass, asphalt strips. I like the airports that have limited instrument approaches like only a single NDB approach etc. Makes it interesting especially if your using activesky or other real world weather source. I usually stick to northern Ontario, Canada, I use CYQT (thunder Bay) as my main base if you will. then I fly to remote northern communities, It's very exciting. I guess you could say I simulate Medevacs, or a small chartered airline.I chose thunder bay because there are a lot of options for small airports within an hour or so of flying, with very limited approaches. It's the only aircraft I fly at the moment, and it's the only one I always return with, and let me tell you I have quite the collection lol, I have the PMDG 737, Leveld's, RFP 747,a few Carenado's, Flight 1's MD 80. Thats all I can think of right now, But i always return to the aeroworx.P.S I forgot to mention that If I fly a flight from let's say CYQT, to CYXZ, I alway do the return flight back to base, maybe not the same day, but it's where I'll depart next time I load it up, for the return flight back to base lol. P.S.S It is much more interesting now that I got some terrain mesh( as of about a week ago, i decided to try some mesh out), Although freeware, it's amazing how mesh alone can transform the sim.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest martin842

I am establishing a Caribbean air ambulance service, based in Puerto Rico. I am dividing my simming time between building the airport and doing practice circuits in the B200. I am aiming to fly the plane entirely manually as a contrast to the automation in some of the planes that I have flown in the past.Once this is done, I will do a mission generator which will tell me where I am to fly and when (just like in real life).The air ambulance is much more satisfying than ferrying rich businessmen around.Martin

Hi BrianI fly the Aeroworx B200 Air Ambulance version out of Albany to about 30 airfields in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Maine. These are a mixture from relatively small uncontrolled fields such as Olean right up to major internationals such as JFK and Boston. I have set up a spreadsheet containing the full list of these chosen airfields that creates assignments for me by randomly creating:Assignment date and timePatient pick-up and delivery deadlines Whether it is a patient transfer or organ transitWhether it is a 2 or 3 leg assignmentThe destination airfield(s)Whether I'm flying single crew or with a co-pilotThe number and weights of patients (max 2) + equipment, medics (max 3) and relative (max 1)NOTAMs concerning lack of Radar, ILS or Refueling at destination(s)Whether I am limited to 10000ft due to patient conditionI fly with Radar Contact 4 using the Medevac callsign and Flight Deck Companion 3.5 when I am flying multi-crew. I've also integrated some financial implications within the spreadsheet which generates an assignment fee offered based on distance to be flown and tightness of deadlines and deducts pilots' salaries, fuel costs, landing fees and penalties for late arrivals or turning down an assignment. Combined with Aeroworx excellent B200, it makes the flying both realistic and pressured.RegardsOscar

yow! that sounds great, I too use a spreadsheet to pick my flights except I work the portland/seattle/vancouver area for the past 2 years or so (yes real world years). I saw a great documentary on Alaska on the travel channel couple nights ago and I've got the itchins now to go up toward alaska and do some ops there, I have Misty Fjords and want to get Tongass Fjords as well.. I looked up B200 on airliners.net to see if any are in Alaska and found pretty many, most use em for medevac ops, there were about 2 i think that used them for small commuter ops and had them refitted inside to hold 9pax....btw, you think about uploading that spreadsheet?? I use FSPassengers for all my flights so that does the financial end of things, although the financial model isn't current with todays standards of prices, i have often contemplated with shutting it off and doing my own financial tracking, but then i want to fly rather than do books!ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest martin842

Goodness, Oscar, that's very impressive.I too would be interested in having a look at your spreadsheet. Is there some way it can be passed on to us?ThanksMartin

I'd also like to check that spreadsheet out if at all possible.Thanks

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Like how they say it in California, surrender the spreadsheet NAUW!!!:-spacecraft

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest khaehl

I'm not nearly as sophisticated as some of you. My home is KLAF (Purdue University, Indiana, USA). The B200 is my primary plane, and I'll fly it a few different ways...1) If the local weather is interesting, I'll take a quick trip to KIND (Indianapolis) or a Chicago airport.2) I'll look up on flightaware to see what the two real B200's out of Purdue (N200PU and N300PU) are doing and copy their flight plans. I'd love to finish a repaint for them, but whenever I get some time, I end up flying instead.3) The last few years we've gone on some long driving vacations such as to Yellowstone, the Outer Banks (went to Kill Devil Hills for 2003!), and Nova Scotia. I'll try to recreate our vacation by flying the same route and stopping at local airports where we stopped. Then I'll hop into a 172 and see the sights.I'm also slowly working on a RTW flight using short hops. It's mostly VFR, although with the help of a GPS. I'm trying to use a different plane for each leg, which gives me a chance try out some of the great offerings out there. I'm in Edinburgh, Scotland right now.One of these days I'll have to try out some air ambulance missions.Kevin

Guest krswen

With FSUIPC (registered) can you get realistic beta mode? I have the CH throttle quad and would like to set it up as realistically as FS9 will allow (although I've read that FS is lacking in the turboprop area).krswen

Hi guysI have no problem sharing my spreadsheet...just don't know how to make it available on the forum. Any help would be appreciated...Just finishing a few tweaks (couldn't possibly have exposed it to public gaze in it's present condition*:-* )which should be ready by early next week.Didn't realise it might generate such interest.Best regardsOscar

Guest martin842

Oscar, thanks for the offer to share your spreadsheet with us.I think there are two ways you could do it. Either you could upload it to the AVSIM file library, where anyone could then help themselves to it. In the long run, this will probably be the easiest way for you, because once you have uploaded it, then you need do nothing further. It also means that people searching later for files relating to the B200 will discover it, whereas they might not if it were just left as a forum topic.The alternative is that interested persons could send you an e-mail, and you could then reply to that e-mail with the spreadsheet attached. The first icon in the top right-hand corner of each message displayed on the forum allows forum users to send an e-mail to the author of that message.They are the only two ways I know of, but perhaps someone else has a better idea(s)?Thanks for the offer.Martin

Thanks for the info Martin. As soon as I have finalised it, I will have a go at uploading to the AVSIM library. I will post a notification in this thread whether I am successful or not...should be within the next couple of days. All the bestOscar

Guest martin842

That's great news, thanks!Martin