Sign in to follow this  
Guest arbioty

A320 - when are they going to make something decent?

Guest arbioty

Guys,I am not sure of the opinions of the PSS Airbus A3xx series, namely the A320, but I am sick of it. The aircraft is so far from realistic it is not funny, not to mention the hole vfr/ifr panel thing is so wrong! I guess I should of done my research prior to purchasing - my own fault!Anyway, enough of the whinging. What I was wondering was if anyone has heard of another Airbus Payware currently in the making? I'd love to see the A series to the same detail provided by LEVEL-D or PMDG.All the package needs is a decent, realistic (or somewhat) model.a fully operational 2D panel that reflects real world (The panel only needs to be simple, no mucking around, like this vfr ifr deal:-A CPT main panel-Centre console-Overheard-FMS-and maybe another to display the lower ecam/status as it would be hard to fit in to a 2d panel.Even sound sets these days are of a good quality.The last i heard, which it may have been me dreaming, PMDG were constructing something? I could be wrong, so dont judge me! lol.Sorry for the rant, but im just getting overly tired using the PSS and its layout, just to sit back and watch and play with all these wonderful packages from other leading payware crew.Cheers,Steve.

PMDG, Peter Wilding, Airsimmer, Feelthere, and one or two others I cannot remember are all buiding Airbus A32x family aircraft.At least one of 'em ought to keep your food down :-rollregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Based on my gathering of certain facts, hearsay and of course personal speculation, here's what I see coming. FeelThere's A318 to A321 series will likely be first to come out, my guess no later than late February. Don't expect the A320 from Peter Wilding or PMDG until late 2007 or early 2008. Airsimmer also has an A320 coming, it's to be released in 2007. The ones that are for FS9 will be few, maybe only one.

There will not be a commercial or freeware airbus with good avionics/VC within the next 6-12 months at the earliest. PMDG is about 2 years away, if not more. LD will never make an airbus. And their development schedule is through the roof anyway.. airsimmer might be the first out, but again, not within at least 6 months. then there was another one but i forgot the site (some funny long name) and they haven't even hinted at release times.the freeware projects, there are a few, most of which have choked on the VC part, particularly the gauges. i don't expect those anytime soon either, and then again most will use default 737 avionics so this kills the project right there.pretty much, no airbus yet, after all these years.

Guest arbioty

Thankyou for all the info. I knew there had to be some coming out but I am hopeless when it comes to looking for 'hidden' information haha.I look forward to sending the PSS AB to the bin and trying something new. I just hope that the new ones to come out are not so technical in the sense that they have silly ifr/vfr panels! hahaCheers,Steve.

Steve, look at www.wilcopub.com (the feelThere Airbus). You can fly it with whatever difficulty level you choose.

Guest arbioty

In all honesty, I am a boeing and turbo prop man but I really enjoy touching the stick, so to speak, every now and then.You know what, even someone with some decent gauge desiging skills could pull it off. The IFDG model is great, but unfortunately a lot of the panels out there, although closely function, do miss a lot of the systems and fail to accurately represent AB systems. In saying that though, the panels that are available (K.M's for example) do a bloody fantastic job.Myself, personally, would be willing to enter panel design (which I can do without any hassles) but the xml gauge side of it is just a little to hard for the required level needed to create such AB systems - basic is all I know! haha.Eitherway, I cant wait for something new to come out!

Guest arbioty

>Steve, look at www.wilcopub.com (the feelThere Airbus). You>can fly it with whatever difficulty level you choose.Curt, was just taking a peek at that but noticed it only has a VC pit which doesnt really interest me. I got my hopes up when I had seen the A320PIC was available but then seen the words VC, which to my dismay, is something I cannot handle hehe.

Guest arbioty

That my friend might be the find of the year. I will check it out and see how we go.

steve:i'm wondering - what do you find vital on the system display (SD) that not being able to view the screen in 2D, without hitting <2> (A32x) or <3> (A330/340), makes you writing off PSS's product that has been providing many FSers a positive experience through two versions of FS?also ...>>Steve, look at www.wilcopub.com (the feelThere Airbus). >You>>can fly it with whatever difficulty level you choose.>>>Curt, was just taking a peek at that but noticed it only has a>VC pit which doesnt really interest me. >>I got my hopes up when I had seen the A320PIC was available>but then seen the words VC, which to my dismay, is something I>cannot handle hehe.the feelthere/wilco A32x will have a 2D cockpit. from the wilco www - Panel Features*Glass cockpit with advanced digital avionics, CAT II and III landing certification. *Photo-realistic 2D panel with multiple subpanels : overhead, pedestal,... *Interactive 3D Virtual Cockpit - Exactly as the real aircraft ! *Day and night lighting. *Aircraft flyable from the Captain or First Officer's seat from the Virtual Cockpit. *Hotspots on the panel to ease access to 2D panels. *Screen resolutions from 1024x768 to 1600x1200 (!) for perfect instrument readability . *Pop up EFIS screens for multi-monitor displays, resizable and detachable for any additional monitor use. http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_airbus1--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest kilotango

You could take a look at this a320 panel made by Eric Marciano.A320_v22.zip andA320_v22_patch.zipIts made for fs2002 but doing fine in my fs9.

Guest A346

Don't forget the things-to-come Airbus.

To all concerned, I'm with the FeelThere team. We are very close to finishing our A320 series. Everything from the A318 to the corporate version of this series of Airbus will be included (see some pics on Wilco's site). We'll offer both a 2D panel and 3D cockpit including the cabin much like the 737PIC. There are a few surprises that was once thought only possible in FSX that will be featured in the FS9 version (can't go into details now). If you like the ERJ and Legacy from Feelthere then you'll love the new Airbus series. Some were not too crazy about the 737PIC VC so I'm sure you'll find the A320 series a marked improvement for the PIC series... :-)If things keep progressing well Feelthere may be the first out the gate with theirs...Releases to expect concerning the A320 in order of release should be:1. Feelthere A318/Corporate/A319/A320/A321 for FS9 and FSX2. AirSimmer A320 for FS9/FSX3. PMDG A320 for FSXThat's about all I know concerning hardcore Airbus packages in the near or distant future.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2