Sign in to follow this  
Guest arbioty

A320 - when are they going to make something decent?

Guest arbioty

>steve:>>i'm wondering - what do you find vital on the system display>(SD) that not being able to view the screen in 2D, without>hitting <2> (A32x) or <3> (A330/340), makes you>writing off PSS's product that has been providing many FSers a>positive experience through two versions of FS?>>>also ...>>>>Steve, look at www.wilcopub.com (the feelThere Airbus). >>You>>>can fly it with whatever difficulty level you choose.>>>>>>Curt, was just taking a peek at that but noticed it only has>a>>VC pit which doesnt really interest me. >>>>I got my hopes up when I had seen the A320PIC was available>>but then seen the words VC, which to my dismay, is something>I>>cannot handle hehe.>>the feelthere/wilco A32x will have a 2D cockpit. from>the wilco www - >Panel Features>>*Glass cockpit with advanced digital avionics, CAT II and III>landing certification. >*Photo-realistic 2D panel with multiple subpanels :>overhead, pedestal,... >*Interactive 3D Virtual Cockpit - Exactly as the real aircraft>! >*Day and night lighting. >*Aircraft flyable from the Captain or First Officer's seat>from the Virtual Cockpit. >*Hotspots on the panel to ease access to 2D panels. >*Screen resolutions from 1024x768 to 1600x1200 (!) for perfect>instrument readability . >*Pop up EFIS screens for multi-monitor displays, resizable and>detachable for any additional monitor use. >http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_airbus1>>>--D Scobie,I guess my wording was a bit harsh in the sense of a complete write-off. In saying that though. You mention vital info on the Sd display. Basically, personally, i enjoy being able to see all without swapping and changing screens around, where not needed. The landing panel in my opinion has a to low point of view and the IFR panel is just purely screen hoggy. Also, my opinion on PSS's product for the A320 was not just purely based on its interior panel, but its quite common knowledge the model itself is so far from realistic it is not funny. At the end of the day all of this comes down to personal preference. I enjoy seeing a full main panel and not have to much around swapping and changing screens, or seeing a big set of rudder pedals that are going to do absoultey nothing for me in flight. As for the package from wilco, I did notice it mentioned the 2d panel but when looking at the FAQ and the updates webpage (http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support_A320PIC). it mentiones the following:I have no panel, the only panel message I get is : 'No 2D Panel available'"A320PIC does NOT include a 2D regular panel. Set your view to the virtual cockpit by pressing S. With your mouse, you can now click on all buttons. For fast transition you can use the shortcuts CTRL +1 up to CTRL+9."I am now guessing the PIC and feelthere are 2 different things?In conlusion i apologise for offending PSS A320 users.Regards,Steve.

Guest arbioty

>To all concerned, I'm with the FeelThere team. We are very>close to finishing our A320 series. Everything from the A318>to the corporate version of this series of Airbus will be>included (see some pics on Wilco's site). We'll offer both a>2D panel and 3D cockpit including the cabin much like the>737PIC. There are a few surprises that was once thought only>possible in FSX that will be featured in the FS9 version>(can't go into details now). If you like the ERJ and Legacy>from Feelthere then you'll love the new Airbus series. Some>were not too crazy about the 737PIC VC so I'm sure you'll find>the A320 series a marked improvement for the PIC series...>:-)>>If things keep progressing well Feelthere may be the first out>the gate with theirs...>>Releases to expect concerning the A320 in order of release>should be:>>1. Feelthere A318/Corporate/A319/A320/A321 for FS9 and FSX>>2. AirSimmer A320 for FS9/FSX>>3. PMDG A320 for FSX>>That's about all I know concerning hardcore Airbus packages in>the near or distant future.Dillon,That all sounds awesome! I believe this is an oppotunity for you guys to really amp things up and provide a really decent package - one that will have other developers trying to catch up.Out of curiosity, in FS9 (who needs fs10 grrrr stupid MS!) how closely will you be modeling the systems accuracy to thr real world deal? Can we see any additions to the current AB systems on your current product, similar to the accuracy provided by PMDD etc etc (PMDG used as an example only)I guess the question of all time would be, how do you plan on modelling the 2d panel setup?I can only speak for myself, but I am not a huge fan of panels that over do it as such - this meaning, panels layed out in different angles to make them look 3d - ie, a flat panel is what appeals. Also to, will your package include modelling of the AB FBW system? ie, attitude and pitch hold + bank hold? I currently use an external .exe for that which works great but would love to see it modelled within a package.Either way, The AB market has been missed, in my opinion, in FS. I look forward to someone doing it with more FOCUS on providing balanced, realiable and realistic as possible type systems than fancy graphics and structures.Cheers.Steve.

Guest arbioty

>You could take a look at this a320 panel made by Eric>Marciano.>A320_v22.zip and>A320_v22_patch.zip>Its made for fs2002 but doing fine in my fs9.Thankyou kindly for pointing Eric's package out. I believe I had it at one stage but it had caused some issues and I never went back. I will give it a try now that I am using a new PC.

"how closely will you be modeling the systems accuracy to thr real world deal?"I can't comment at this time the full details of the package but if the ERJ, Legacy, and 737PIC are any indications you won't be disappointed..."I guess the question of all time would be, how do you plan on modelling the 2d panel setup?"The 2D panel will be no different in basic setup than other FeelThere 2D panels..."Also to, will your package include modelling of the AB FBW system? ie, attitude and pitch hold + bank hold?";-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I have the FeelThere 737pic and am quite happy with it. Have thought about the legacy but have not got it, but if it includes bth fs9 & fsx I may buy it. I am definately intested in the A320 series - look forward to seeing more info on it. Dave

>Guys,>>I am not sure of the opinions of the PSS Airbus A3xx series,>namely the A320, but I am sick of it. >>The aircraft is so far from realistic it is not funny, not to>mention the hole vfr/ifr panel thing is so wrong! I guess I>should of done my research prior to purchasing - my own>fault!This post sounds more like a flame bait than an actual request for assistance, but, what the ####, I'll bite:First of all, there are a number of other airbus packages available, in various degrees of "realism"; you could/should have done proper homework to determine what suits your needs. Secondly, there are thousands of post on the PSS airbus forum. Pretty much all the information you need. Thirdly, there are at least half a dozen reviews; surely, enough to get a good sense of what this is all about. Fourthly, could you kindly explain how the airbus is "far from realistic?" I take it you're an airbus driver and can assess such things?Fifthly, I don't follow your point about the "hole vfr/ifr thing (being) so wrong." There is a "hole" in the cockpit? Or do you mean "whole"?Sixth, if you are unhappy with the airbus' FDE, the relevant parameters can be tweaked, via the aircraft's cfg. Plenty of posts/suggestions/alternative files available via the PSS airbus forum. Finally, there are a number of freeware modifications available, making this bird still enjoyable. ricardo

Dillon,What about liveries on release day? Can I expect to get say a Jetblue livery for the IAE engined variant or will we have to wait weeks for a paintkit and then hope someone paints it? I really dislike that method.

Eric 

>>Guys,>>>>I am not sure of the opinions of the PSS Airbus A3xx series,>>namely the A320, but I am sick of it. >>>>The aircraft is so far from realistic it is not funny, not>to>>mention the hole vfr/ifr panel thing is so wrong! I guess I>>should of done my research prior to purchasing - my own>>fault!>>This post sounds more like a flame bait than an actual request>for assistance, but, what the ####, I'll bite:>>First of all, there are a number of other airbus packages>available, in various degrees of "realism"; you could/should>have done proper homework to determine what suits your needs.>>>Secondly, there are thousands of post on the PSS airbus forum.>Pretty much all the information you need. >>Thirdly, there are at least half a dozen reviews; surely,>enough to get a good sense of what this is all about. >>Fourthly, could you kindly explain how the airbus is "far from>realistic?" I take it you're an airbus driver and can assess>such things?>>Fifthly, I don't follow your point about the "hole vfr/ifr>thing (being) so wrong." There is a "hole" in the cockpit? Or>do you mean "whole"?>>Sixth, if you are unhappy with the airbus' FDE, the relevant>parameters can be tweaked, via the aircraft's cfg. Plenty of>posts/suggestions/alternative files available via the PSS>airbus forum. >>Finally, there are a number of freeware modifications>available, making this bird still enjoyable. >>ricardo>There isn't currently an airbus with1. somewhat functional gauges/FBW system, the later not being that vital2. any decent virtual cockpit.Otherwise there are many nice panels/gauges/planes that scream welcome to 2000 because that's when they were actually developed!!!!

Eric I'm hoping for a paint kit to be released when the product is released. You know we are dealing with Wilco here. I will admit there are paints not included that I'm fighting to get included for the release candidate...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I dont understand Feelthere/Wilco on that issue. So many talented painters out there...shame really.

Eric