Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

What's wrong with these Japan airports sceneries?

Having installed so many, I usually manage just fine installing scenery files, even when they're complicated and the instructions are not clear. But I am having trouble with some Japanese airports:http://flightinfo.jp/souea/sc00.htmAfter installing, I removed the VFR bgl files from the different airport folders because the effect was really pretty ghastly - the VFR is a bit blurred and, moreover, doesn't match up at all with the surrounding default (actually Ground Environment) terrain: there are some very ugly border transitions! Without these bgl files things look fine. Two airports have problems though, with or without the VFR bgl files: Tokyo Haneda (RJTT) & Osaka Intl. (RJOO) look very odd, as the taxiways appear to be on grass (although the AFCAD shows asphalt and there is an "asph01.pat" file in the texture folder), and the aprons are of strange, grass-textured concrete. Without the VFR files, the taxiways disappear completely and I'm left with just, well, grass-textured grass; and orange marking lines.(What are .pat files by the way?).The other airports from the same site have proper concrete taxiways, with or without the VFR bgls. Are there some texture files missing from the RJTT & RJOO folders? I tried copying likely textures files across from some of the OK airports, but to no avail. How do I get concrete/asphalt taxiways to show at these two airports then - (or would that mean me creating new bgl files)?These sceneries seem quite popular so I am hoping someone might have come across the same problem, and solved it. Sorry for a rather complicated post!! Thanks.Martin

... tried different AFCAD files for the two airports, which looks fine with the default sceneries. Still no concrete or asphalt with the souea sceneries.M.

Guest drmweaver2

Edited...Ooops.. responded to the wrong post. Ignore this ... sorry.