Sign in to follow this  
trevorbee

FS2004 back in the shops

I have not seen a copy of FS2004 on sale for about 12 months. That is until today. There it was right next to the FSX standard and delux versions in a retail store which I visit regularly. Only FSX was on display prior to Christmas. Interesting!

Probably a mistake by the person stocking the shelves :)FS9 has been available in my local Game since day 0, but for a looooong time now it's been tucked away at the bottom with the older stuff and not with the newer releases.Still, I picked up FSX Deluxe on the first day of release. Seven frustrating days later it was returned to the shop, and FS9 still has pride of place on my computer software shelf :)

My local Best Buys are loaded with FS9. They've been on the same shelf as the cobweb-coated FSX boxes... ;)

Alexander Alonso

>Probably a mistake by the person stocking the shelves :)I don't think there can be any mistake - FS2004 is priced well below FSX and is sitting there in direct competition with it. Could it perhaps be that FSX is not moving and so they are giving FS2004 a try? This is in a store in central Auckland NZ.

same thing happened with FS8 to FS9, FS7 to FS8, etc. a few months before release the older sim is scarce on the shelves. after the product has been out for some months the older stock item comes back out at a price discount.basic marketing as taught in business/marketing/economics programs around the world.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>basic marketing as taught in business/marketing/economics>programs around the world.>Point taken. Maybe I am reading more into this than I should. No sign of any discounting of FSX yet though I suspect that, like me, many folks are holding off buying it to see if the patch will make it playable on older hardware. The demo only runs marginally on my Dimension P4 3.3HT with 2gigs of RAM and an ATI X300 video card.

Guest 22tango

I bought my FS9 @ Best Buy for $19.99 on sale in November.