Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

Cockpit shaking causes problems with trackir4

Guest Pilot533

I was flying the do-27 by digital aviation today, for those who dont know, it has a unique cockpit shaking function where in the vc i guess the pilot viewpoint shakes to simulate vibration with engine rpm changes over speeds etc. So whenever this shaking occurs it kind of twitches wildly, or flickers around when using trackir4. Im guessing this is because it is interfering with trackir using the pilots head as the viewpoint, is there any way to workaround this?

The vibration effect for the DO-27 works fine w/ TIR for me.PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Mike, do you have Active Camera installed? If so, make sure you de-select Internal pilot view. I had the same problem as you and de-selecting the internal pilot view did solve it for me.J.J.Jean-Jacques StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgium

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

If you use TrackIR along with Active Camera, then simply disable the Active Camera head latency option. This should resolve any issue you are having.

Guest Pilot533

Nope, I even removed ac2004 completely and it did not change a thing, keep in mind this only happens with the do-27. The good news it that there is a solution because other are using this aircraft with trackir4.

Guest Pilot533

Well its not trackir4... Even with trackir4 disabled the flickering occurs. Has anyone experienced this before?

You need a better cushion, that's all. Your seat is transmitting the vibration to your body.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

> You need a better cushion, that's all. Your seat is>transmitting the vibration to your body.And stop breathing, the air filling your lungs pushes your rib cage out and lifts you slightly from your chair, hence twitch city beckons!