Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

FS9 quits by itself...

And now I am getting CTDs and also OUT OF MEMORY issues with the PMDG 744 and the CoolSky MD-80 and I also installed FSUIPC 3.71 a few days ago!!! I have a large rig for FS with tons of hardware and have NEVER had this stuff occur in FS2004 on this machine. Today it happened 6-9 times.I just d/l FSUIPC 3.70 and am going to see if it helps me.Great thread, thanks!JS

Guest Shalomar

This just happened to me for the first time ever, at least with no error message. The good news is I went a few hours without it happening again.I was over GCLP in Spain, flying the default Caravan in default scenery except mesh; was on Bushnet; monitoring Teamspeak thru my speakers but my headset was not plugged in. At the time Active Sky was not on, fair weather. I have GE pro; FSGenesis World Buffer DVD plus North America mesh DVDs. The only file I installed recently was SP3 for the ATR-72. I just installed 1 gig of RAM to bring me to 1.5 gigs total. FS9 used to close and give me an error message when I switched from the ATR to another plane then pressed any key on the keyboard. Apparently this problem is fixed now, probably by SP3 or the RAM. Also I have trouble when I try to go to then get out of windowed mode; the screen goes black. I am able to get back to windowed mode with a still black screen, but then at least I can save my flight cuz the menu bar appears.Asus K8N, AMD Sempron 2800, 1.5 gigs RAM, ATI X1300 Pro vid card.Best Regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

I have now done some 20 h more flying after I downgraded to 3.70 of FSUIPC and still no more CTDs so I think I now dare to say my problem is fixed :-)

Richard Åsberg

Or maybe ACES has triggered fs9's self destruct to force us all to switch to FSX. Apparently anyone foolish enough to have downloaded the fs9.1 'patch' which housed this trigger is now doomed. :-jumpy If there are any fs9.0 users left, stay away! saaaaave yourselves!! :-eek regards,Mark :+

Regards,

Mark

:-)Well...as for FSX I'm personnaly still very happy with FS9 and I don't see myself switching over to FSX for quite some time...so I guess that makes me one of the doomed guys ;-)Running FS9 with the add-ons I've currently installed there's little not to say nothing that makes me want to move over to FSX.Get this feeling that FSX might be the new FS2000...

Richard Åsberg

I have no intention of migrating to FSX possibly ever unless I have a PC FS engineer to do it for me and then service my FS requirements. After years of tweaks and fixes, I had FS9 exactly where I wanted it -- and now THIS !Either Fs9 will work OK for me properly, or I am quitting FS and that will be the end for me. JS

If you have the same problem where FS just quits by itself and you're using v 3.71 of FSUIPC then try to install v 3.70 if you haven't already done so already.

Richard Åsberg

Nearly ready to test with v3.70....stay tuned!JS

Pete Dowson has been able to duplicate some of the problems with FSUIPC 3.71x...but only on one machine, and apparently not consistently. Looks like he needs more details/feedback from anyone having the problem. Please see:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=59528RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Well, I went back to V3.7 and flew from Klax to KSFO to KPDX and no CTD. however, I must scarifce the use of Autower a great utility program for automatic tower positioning since it requires 3.71. I decided to go back to 3.71 and have made seeveral flights in Germany and no CTD. Go figure...will stay with 3.71 unles I have another CTD. By the way I did use Flight Sim Manager and it found a few scenery mismatches, which could have caused the problem all along. Recommend running FSManager and check for any scenery conflicts. Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Carl,I'm using Autower as well with great joy but I haven't seen any problems after going back to 3.70, in what way doesn't it work with that version since I haven't seen any problems?This FSManager program, is it freeware and/or where do you get it?

Richard Åsberg

I installed 3.70 and ran FS9 with the default Cessna on a triple LCD set-up with FSNavigator for 2 solid hours with no issues (no loss of memory either which is encouraging). Everything was smooth and solid.This is looking promising.I wondered actually whether AISmooth had anything to do with the CTDs. Has anybody had weird crashes with that excellent utility? (Just a thought...)JS

Guest ebk

I've had exactly the same problem, over the last week or so, most recent being two hours ago, fs9 gone in the blink of an eye, nope, its not dust, comps near newAnd i'm using IE7, that sounds the likey culpritHope someone comes up with the answerEric

Hi Erik,If you have a closer look in this thread you'll find that many of us have been able to get rid of the problem by going back to version 3.70 of FSUIPC, suggest you try that too if you're currently using any higher version of FSUIPC.

Richard Åsberg