Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

FS9 quits by itself...

Guest LeeWang

I wonder what a handful of people have in common to create a problem like this? We all have different hardware, but I wonder if CH Manager is in conflict with FSUIPC? I used CH Manager 4.0 and then tried CH manager 4.1.So, do other people have CH Manager installed? Lee

No, never. It's unnecessary unless you do macros. CH told me this twice.JS

Richard,When I used V3.7 I would get an error message that Autower would not work with 3.7. It is my understanding that autower will work with V3.70 payware. This was also mentioned in the Autower readme file that you should use V3.71 (nonpayware) for it to work or payware V3.7. Fight sim manager is freeware. Do a search in the file library for fsm285.zip. Also you may need a fix if you get an error message after installing FSM. There is a fix by doing a search for Scott Smart in the library, IMO it is a very good utility. Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Carl,About FSUIPC...I'm using the nonpayware version myself and now that you say it I remember something in the readme for Autower about 3.71 and I guess that's why I had 3.71 installed but now when I already have Autower installed and then replaced 3.71 with 3.70 afterwards I haven't had any problems with Autower despite I downgraded the FSUIPC version.Thanks for the tip about FSManager, I'll have a look!

Richard Åsberg

Further to swapping back down to v3.70 FSUIPC, just tested PMDG 744 for 2 solid hours in the VC and all went well (looks stunning on 3 LCDs!). No CTD as I had with 3.71 over the weekend. Also, no memory leak to speak of. The 744 utilizes approx 1GB of RAM at all times, rising to 1.1GB if pop ups activated. Available RAM remained reasonably stable at around 610-620MB for most of this flight, dropping to 570-580 when I opened FSNavigator and periodically opened and closed FSNav during test flight.The big test will be the MD-80 by CoolSky which is a gorgeous bird but seems to me to be a truly gigantic RAM hog based on informal tests in recent days. It also did CTDs. Whether OUT OF MEMORY on the MD-80 precipitated CTDs I do not know. I shall do a 2 hour flight with that bird next and learn what happens!JS