Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

FS9 quits by itself...

Hi fellow captains,Lately I've seen a very strange thing a couple of times now...all of a sudden FS9 just quits by itself and throws me back to the desktop with no error messages no nothing - never had this problem before. And when I look at the processes running in Task Manager there's no FS9.exe there so it really quits!Anyone else seen this?

Richard Åsberg

what aircraft are you flying?where are you flying?what are you doing in the 'cockpit' at the time of the CDT?what addon scenery are you using?what are your FS settings?did you add any new programs or did windows do any updates recently?--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Sorry for not providing more info initially...I'm flying the LDS 767I'm currently flying in Australia-Indonesia regionThis doesn't seem to be triggered by doing something special, has happened in different situations regardless of what I'm doing or if I'm in the cockpit or spotviewMainly GE Pro II Pro and FS Genesis World Wide coverage and ActiveSkyAs for the FS settings I've been using the same settings for years and I didn't change any settings nor did I add anything new in FS before this started so I guess that answers your last question as well. As for any MS updates I'm not sure since I have it set to automatically download and install any critical patches that are released.I know the hard way to start troubleshoot this kind of problem by trying another a/c, trying another region etc etc...was just kind of hoping someone else experienced this and maybe knew of some quick way to fix it.Since this started after arriving into the Asia-Pacific region maybe that has something to do with it since I have never seen this problem before and haven't done that much flying in that region before. Also that would be likely since I haven't changed nor added anything in/to FS.

Richard Åsberg

first - are you using EI7? there are reports of conflicts with FS for some users (do avsim.com and flightsim.com forum searches ... i've not have the IE7 conflict so i've only noted there is one).second - try, "the hard way to start troubleshoot ..."--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there, mine is doing exactly the same! Just up and quit while flying peacably across the azure vastness . Also quit when going to print a flight plan(x2) during flights and is generally acting the giddy goat. I may rename this one and re-install it then gradually replace some stuff. That IE7 appeared on it's own I think and I've tried to get rid of it, but maybe there are bits lying about and causing problems; as it seems quite recent- it's a kind of fragility and I'm now never quite sure what it's going to do next.Andy.

OK, appearently I'm not the only one with this strange problem. Also interesting to hear about a possible conflict with IE7 since I'm using that. However I've used it since it was released but only had this problem with FS quitting by itself for a week or so.I really wonder what the problem is here and I do hope it can be fixed in some way since it's not very fun flying anymore when you don't know for how long you will be able to fly until you're back at the desktop with no warnings...Was thinking if it could be some of the latest MS security updates causing this...if my memory serves me right it wasn't that long since I noticed some of them beeing installed...think I will start looking in that direction for starters and I'll let you know if I find the culprit!

Richard Åsberg

It may be this file causing the trouble, oleacc.dll. If you have it in your main FS9 folder, delete it.John

OK, what is the purpose of that file and why do you think that file is the culprit?

Richard Åsberg

Hi Web,With the beta IE7 that was the file the was not allowing FS04 to run. It may be a carry over from that.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Hi there, I had that a few times, then I had real problems this last week with FS shutting off.I took the cover off my pc, took the CPU Fan out and blew right down it, tons of lumps of dust came out, and now my FS9 works brilliantly now, no stutters, sticking or crashing.Give it a go if you haven't already done so.Kind RegardsGavin Moss

Guest LeeWang

If you use FSUIPC 3.71, it causes CTD's for some. I had random CTD's. Finally Formated HDD, and started over. Made only one change at a time and tested to find cause. Took 2 weeks to find that FSUIPC 3.71 causes random CTD's on my Machine. Only record was in XP event log with this error msg:The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 7.I install FSUIPC 3.70 and random CTD is fixed on my PC. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...sg_id=174&page=I found by switching views in cockpit, or going to spot view would make the CTD happen sooner. I then could re-create the CTD on a very regular basis by doing this procedure. CTD would happen between 30 seconds to maybe 4 minutes of doing this:1. I save a flight and called it CTD test. It loads up the default b737 everytime. With parking brake set, I increase to full throttle. Look in all directions in 2D panel.2. I hit the "S" key to go to spot view.3. I than select another default aircraft, over and over until my CTD happens. I remain in spot view all the time. Within the first 5-10 aircraft selections, FS2004 will usually crash to desk top (CTD) with no error message. Also i note that by going back and forth from Full screen to window, CTD sometime happen.Lee

PMDG 747 from UNNT -> WMSA Right near VTPM FS just disappeared. I do lots of flying, first time FS has ever done this to me. BTW, looked up VTPM area (Mae Sot) looks like a cool place to visit. :)So no, you're not the only one. If it helps I can post more info.

As for...oleacc.dll - Found the file and moved it to a temp folder but still same problem.the CPU fan - I have a pretty new computer with a chassis with a built-in filter to stop dust from getting into it and I also opened it not long ago and installed a new PSU when I also checked to make sure it was clean so that is not the case here but good tip though!v 3.71 of FSUIPC - I do have that version installed so will try going back to 3.70 and see if it makes any difference.

Richard Åsberg

I have the same problem. After 1-1.5 hours FS will just close and go away.I also have been fighting with FS minimizing on its own about every 15-20 minutes or so. This is something that is driving me nuts. I jave tried not running various programs, tried different aircraft, etc and still have no idea what would cause this. I have turned off Norton AV, WebRoot Spysweeper, run it with and without AS6, and still no luck.I will look for that dll and see what version of Fsuipc I have. (I am running veriosn FSUIPC 3.7.0.0) Respectfully,scottHP AMD 64x2 50004 gigs ramNvidia 7600 GS 512win xp home