Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cavok_31

Unexplained real-life AI behavior for KLAX OPS ..WOW

Guest Cavok_31

Hello, I was obsevering some AI traffic at LAX and I actually saw an AA B763 landing on 25R while a JAL b744 and an AWE A320 were on approach for 24R and 25L respectfully. I personally observed this behavior on a few occasions, but still no one has yet to figured this out for AFCAD filesNow I'm sure this question has been posed before, but is there anyway for airports like KLAX and KATL to have landings and takeoffs from all runways simultaneously as they both do in real-life ops without it being a phenomenon in FS2004? or FSX for that matter?Any insight will be greatly apperciated:-walksmile

Guest ladannen

There is a way, but many would say it is unrealistic.Using Afcad, I adjusted True Heading of runway 6L.By default, this is 82.97, I changed it to 83.40.However, it makes the airport not look right:KLAX.pngBut this is the result:KLAXlanding.jpg Cactus 6004 and Delta 1465 are landing on 7LSouthwest 1072 is landing on 6RHorizon Air 2310 and Southwest 2713 are landing on 6LHope this helps,Alex

Guest Cavok_31

Thanx Alex,I'll try that and get back with you ASAP..

Guest Cavok_31

Hey Alex, I tried it for 6L/6R at KLAX and IT WORKS!! I'm going to try 7L/7R and tell you my findings.ThanxDex

Guest ladannen

Glad I could help.For my KLAX, I didn't make any adjustment to 7L/7R because most traffic coming in arrives from the north and will use 6L and 6R.Another drawback from this is that if all 4 runways are used for landing, it can cause some long lines for departing aircraft waiting for a space! So to help this, I have 6L, 6R, and 7L for landings, and 7R for takeoffs. That seems to work well for me.Good luck,Alex

Guest Cavok_31

Alex,I tried the same technique with 7L/7R it works as well, but there aren't enough aircraft vectored to land on those to runways. Nevertheless, your advice was right on the money, my go arounds went from a few to none after an hour and half of observing KlAX ops THANX. ALEX, You Da Man!!:-yellow1