Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Frame rates at Heathrow

Guest thedoggg

I have Gatwick Pro, and Glasgow Extreme for FS2004. They are fantastic so Heathrow Extreme should be great as well. UK2000, at least their latest stuff is right up there with Fly Tampa and Flightscenery.Carlos

I have had the same problem (aesthetically speaking!) with a large number of these payware airport add-ons. Admittedly it's personal taste, but I know I am not alone as I have posted on this before.You say Carlos that 'Gatwick Pro' is fantastic. Building-wise maybe; but it was the same with Heathrow Pro when I had the demo: as I taxi around for take-off or to the gates I can't take my eyes off the awful grass textures. I don't have Gatwick Pro (probably for that reason), but the screenshots of the grass here show what I mean:http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1868Just a blurred green wash. My grass textures at these airports are sharp and crisp (thanks to files loaded from AVSIM file library) and look, well, like grass!If I could see how to replace the grass textures in these sceneries with the one I have, I'd probably happily buy them, but I have tried replacing BMP files, even decompiling/replacing the supplied bgl files, but to no avail. If Heathrow Pro Xtreme also has this blurred wash of green as grass, I definitely shan't be getting it either!Not trying to convert anyone - just my point of view, as I say!!M. ;-)

Guest Rob Hirst

Having read most post again I feel that I may have been a little misleading. I should state that I do not have all sliders maxed out. On my system to do so would cripple the FPS. However most sliders are at the most one notch away from max. Some are on max. I can't remember exactly which ones though. I'll try and get my settings posted up here next week to show you.With regards your AI, which can be a huge FPS drain at large airports, are you using default or custom? The custom aircraft from the likes of AI aardvark and evolve ai take a lot of strain off the system.Regards

I have Heathrow Pro 2. If the Extreme version is a free upgrade or has a modest upgrade price, I'm gonna get it.If not, there's another Heathrow coming, yes, for FS9 as well, thank the maker:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=51342The first link in that topic no longer works, scroll down and click on the second one for screenshots.

Mike...

yeah as I said before, I've changed down from Hethrow Pro to the EGLL.zip temproarily that's all. H/Pro runs fine, around 15-20fps with a hundred or so AI planes in the stands. It's just that now I use TrackIR, my simming experience is now MORE about smoothness than looking out the window at details. It's a funny thing, when you get TrackIR your priorities suddenly change. Due to the high immersion INSIDE the cockpit, you tend to not care as much about what happens OUTSIDE.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Rob, I use Ultimate Traffic. Mostly good fps , as I say.Thanks for the link Mike: first I've heard about this. I'll keep an eye out for it.M.