Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Frame rates at Heathrow

Hi. I installed the Heathrow scenery by William Morgan / FRF Studio, egll.zip, from the AVSIM library, plus the suggested buildings work files. As expected, my frame rates are now very low there, even with traffic turned very low, or off. Landing after a long flight and then trying to taxi to the strand are depressing experiences: you just can't control an aircraft at 5 fps.The ReadMe file suggests, logically enough, deleting some of the bgl scenery files to improve frame rates: I just wondered, to save me hours of trial and error, whether anyone has done this already and found a way to improve the frame rates at the airport whilst not disabling too much of the visible airport scenery. (I love those cranes!).Suggestions appreciated. Thanks,Martin

Well the version I downloaded is freeware and excellent. I tried a demo of Heathrow Pro and didn't like it at all (horrible blurred grass textures for one), the frame rates were no better than the version I now have - AND I have to pay for it. So thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks!M :-)

Are you sure it was V2?Grass textures look great to me and FPS is no problem.I doubt you will find a better LHR right now.....freeware or payware.

I've had Heathorw Pro V2 for some time, but now I'm running that free one as per original post to get some frames back. It's a nice change. Heathrow "anything" is framerate murder.There's about 30 bgl's in there that are named pretty well. Try and deaftivate a few and see how that affects things.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Well, maybe it was V1, I am not sure. But the freeware egll.zip is really very nice indeed, especially with the ongoing building work (quite realistic - I fly from Heathrow quite a lot and recognise a fair amount of it in the sim) and I don't really feel a need to pay for a different version. Just have to disable a few bgls to get it working practically!M.

Good.....I just downloaded this freeware EGLL to take a look. Sorry, but it's not even close to being a suitable replacement for EGLL Pro V2. It's nice for freeware and if you don't mind default textures.Keep a look out for UK2000 EGLL 'Xtreme'....coming soon.

"Keep a look out for UK2000 EGLL 'Xtreme'".......As EGLL is my local airport (I remember, many moons ago, the exitement of Concorde flying low right over my house on its very first commercial flight to NY) I like to have it as 'real as it gets' (but with a nod to flyable frame rates EGLL Xtreme sounds 4 fps even now!!), so will certianly keep an eye out for that - thank you. Any idea when it is due out? Hope there's a demo version ...M.

Gary Summons (UK2000) seems to think it should be ready by the end of March 2007 in both FS9 and FSX versions. (you get both versions when you purchase)I'm lookig forward to it...Glenn

Guest Rob Hirst

I have this scenery and even with max AI (which is a huge drain due to my additions, approx 400 flights daily at last count)I get 18-20FPS. Have you made any other alterations lately? Have you tried other intense scenery with the same results? 5FPS sounds very low to just be down to the EGLL scenery, although I could be wrong.Regards

Thanks for the comment. Yes, I often get low frame rates where I have really intensive scenery installed - Virtual Flight London scenery & Aerosoft Manhattan, for instance. I suppose I should try reducing some of the sliders in settings: I usually have them set near to maximum as mostly my frame rates at other airports, even very busy ones for which I have 3rd. party scenery, like KLAX & LFPG, to name just two, are fine (i.e. 20fps or more with 100% traffic). Once I am airborne, even with Active Sky 6 showing heavy cloud I get at least 30fps & in clear skies around 50fps, so I don't think my system is at fault in itself.I wonder, even so, how you manage to get such good frame rates at EGLL. I should probably try some native FS9 aircraft - it may be that the planes I have been using take quite a toll with their complex panels.M.

BTW, re. Heathrow Pro Xtreme, I read on the UK2000 site that the Xtreme name was 'inspired' by FSX. Does that mean that the Xtreme versions of aiports being issued by UK2000 are for FSX & not FS9? I doubt I shall ever buy FSX, so if so, well, better stick with what I've got.Notice one poster here says he has gone to egll.zip from Heathrow Pro 'to get some frame rates back'. Not really convinced that a Heathrow Pro Xtreme is going to work for me, vis-a-vis fps .....M.

The 'Xtreme' series is being developed both for FS9 and FSX. Both released at the same time and both versions included in the price.As for Heathrow Pro V2, I have 90% AI (custom) and have FPS locked at 30. I get the odd drop to 26-28 if a lot of clouds and AI are in view all at once.If anything, with the new techniques Gary is using, the Xrtreme version should be better on FPS than the Pro V2 version.

Sounds reasonable. If they issue a demo version I will try it out for sure. There certainly was one for V1.