Sign in to follow this  
Guest Water Mango

Captainsim Space Shuttle on sale already.

Guest Water Mango

Just got an email stating the CS Space Shuttle is currently on sale. I guess these FSX only titles aren't moving allot of units. Even after the FS9 version became available the product still had to go on sale. I guess in FS9 there's no real need for a space shuttle as you can't go into space anyway. Concerning FSX maybe the incentive diminishes when your facing a slide show upon approach...

Guest dpc

Probably has more to do with the fact its the shuttle than that its for FSX. After all, there's only so much you can do with it. You have place it at an altitude and then it's a rock with wings. Not even a real glider that you can try and keep up in thermals. Can't even do touch and goes. Just a thought. Also, CS did say that it was more of a proof of concept piece so they may have not been expecting much to begin with.

Guest Water Mango

"CS did say that it was more of a proof of concept piece so they may have not been expecting much to begin with."Looking at the work that's been put into this product I can't believe CS would waist time and resources on a project they knew would not sell (just make it for the fun of it). I'm sure these guys have better things to do (like fixing/updating the 727/707). Any product released by a developer has the full expectation that it's going to sell not collect dust a few weeks after release.

It's a powerless and over-weight glider with a nice looking VC filled with dummy switches. There are very limited things you can do with it especially in FS9. I'm not trying to bash CS because given the limitations if they design the shuttle to do anything more it'll probably be unrealistic.It is a very cool model. For that alone, given today's market, it's still a good deal for the interested.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Shame they didn't finish the 757 instead!

"Shame they didn't finish the 757 instead!"I was about to say that... :-lol Instead of waisting time on the Shuttle finish current projects first. PSS and CS seem to adopt the same philosophy concerning their products...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest B1900 Mech

PMDG,That's The Way It's Gotta Be!!:-lol

CS can't help it though. They are a 2 man team. 1 for the modelling and the other for the textures. Which means that as soon as those two are done, there is nobody else to do the rest. PSS are more of a "that's too complex so we won't bother" attitude.

"CS can't help it though. They are a 2 man team. 1 for the modelling and the other for the textures."That's no excuse, look at the dedication of Ready For Pushback. They kept working on one aircraft until they got it right. Same goes for the many freeware guys out here that focus on one aircraft until they get it right. Bill and Lynn Lyons is another example and they've even given some of their work away for free.I saw a group photo of the CaptainSim team and it was far more than two people pictured. CS is a payware company. Broken promises of a 'Block F' and lack of updates for products people have purchased has no room for excuses. Anytime we have guys giving work away for free and working until their model is right gives CS little room for excuses. The Shuttle could have waited at least until they finished the 'Block F' mode for the 757. How long are they going to have their customers waiting??? How hard is it to get the 707's FDE corrected or their 727 updated? This is one reason why I hate to see developers like OSS and Ready For Pushback close up shop. Anytime you have a group who refuse to move forward until the last project is totally completed, you've got a good company. All these guys who like to leave people hanging seem to stick around like cancer. The Shuttle was a good idea for FSX but finish the previous projects first. People have got the shaft on the 707 going on 3 years now. The 757 hopefully won't suffer the same fate...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest dpc

>"CS did say that it was more of a proof of concept piece so>they may have not been expecting much to begin with.">>Looking at the work that's been put into this product I can't>believe CS would waist time and resources on a project they>knew would not sell (just make it for the fun of it). I'm>sure these guys have better things to do (like fixing/updating>the 727/707). Any product released by a developer has the>full expectation that it's going to sell not collect dust a>few weeks after release. You speaking from experience? Mine was a hypothesis based on their 'proof of concept' statement. Knowing a little something about projects, that usually implies some expectation that it might not fly. Pardon the pun. They are typically not done for fun, as you put it. They are usually considered an investment towards the future activity, whatever that activity may be.

>"CS can't help it though. They are a 2 man team. 1 for the>modelling and the other for the textures.">>That's no excuse, look at the dedication of Ready For>Pushback. They kept working on one aircraft until they got it>right. Same goes for the many freeware guys out here that>focus on one aircraft until they get it right. Bill and Lynn>Lyons is another example and they've even given some of their>work away for free.>>I saw a group photo of the CaptainSim team and it was far more>than two people pictured. CS is a payware company. Broken>promises of a 'Block F' and lack of updates for products>people have purchased has no room for excuses. Anytime we>have guys giving work away for free and working until their>model is right gives CS little room for excuses. The Shuttle>could have waited at least until they finished the 'Block F'>mode for the 757. How long are they going to have their>customers waiting??? How hard is it to get the 707's FDE>corrected or their 727 updated? >>This is one reason why I hate to see developers like OSS and>Ready For Pushback close up shop. Anytime you have a group>who refuse to move forward until the last project is totally>completed, you've got a good company. All these guys who like>to leave people hanging seem to stick around like cancer. The>Shuttle was a good idea for FSX but finish the previous>projects first. People have got the shaft on the 707 going on>3 years now. The 757 hopefully won't suffer the same fate...It's not an excuse.. it was sarcasm. I call it 2 men because they have 2 strenghts: textures and modelling. the rest of the team is take it as you wish. :) don't worry, i am one of those waiting for the prodigical block F too. The shuttle further fortifies my deduction that they can roll out models (look at the c130 - 200 models, then the 757 200/300/F) but when it comes to actually coming up with the gauges, there is nothing there. this means they don't have the needed staff or that person is too busy rolling out generic flashing stuff like in the space shuttle.

I don't believe block F is or was ever underway. Even if it is, i shall not buy it.

And I DO believe that block F will come out sooner or later. Because it would be in hindsight not to finish such a great product. I will definitely purchase the block when it is out.