Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Aeroworx B200 updates??

I have never purchased the Aeroworx B200 - because it appears that my mid level AMD 2400 will not run it very well in FS9 as it is heavy on FPS.The AVSIM frontpage announces a new Version 2.2 with allegedly improved performance - with a link to the Aerowox website. The Aeroworx website says nothing about a 2.2 version - but merely sells a 2.0.1 version dated way back in 2005 What gives??Thanks Barry

The website hasn't been updated it looks like. Just go the Aeroworx forum and click on the first topic you see. Henning has posted the link for the 2.2 update and it does improve performance.

Guest martin842

The basic plane which you can download or buy on CD-ROM is version 2.0.1. Version 2.1 and version 2.2 are both small patches, the former making ILS interception better, and the latter is a replacement gauge which is said to improve performance.I am running the B200 with an Athlon XP 2200+, and have no problems with performance. If you like small twin turboprops, you will love the B200.Martin

Guest SilverCircle

>I have never purchased the Aeroworx B200 - because it appears>that my mid level AMD 2400 will not run it very well in FS9 as>it is heavy on FPS.Actually, the King Air from Aeroworx is one of the most framerate-friendly addons, given the complexity of its panel(s).The last patch (2.2) claims further performance improvements.>The AVSIM frontpage announces a new Version 2.2 with allegedly>improved performance - with a link to the Aerowox website. The>Aeroworx website says nothing about a 2.2 version - but>merely sells a 2.0.1 version dated way back in 2005 You can find the download link for the 2.2 patch in their forum.

Guest tango papa

I've go a low end PC: AMD700, 385MB mem, and just upgrade to WinXP-SP2, from Win98ME. This upgrade has doubled my old FPS rate. I'm wondering if I could fly the B200, or should I wait for a better PC. Or if I bought in now, would it be a waste of money? Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest martin842

Try posting your question at the Aeroworx forum (www.aeroworx.com). If that means 700 MHz, then I would have thought you would not be able to run it satisfactorily, but I am just guessing here. Do you have any other payware aicraft? If so, then the B200 ought to have similar performance. Users say it is framerate-friendly.Martin

The B200 is a pretty darned complex aircraft and will take its toll on frames. I have a P4 2.4, 1GB of RAM and 6600GT. At FlyTampa's KSEA, daytime, and most of the sliders 3/4 right, I'm getting 15-17 in the VC (FPS locked at 20) on takeoff. The biggest thing for me was to decrease the gauge refresh rate a bit with the aeroworx settings panel. She's a beautiful bird to fly and one of the best purchases I've made for FS9.

Blake

Guest tango papa

I've got the RealAir Scout package, Aerosoft Beaver and Super Cub, and Carenado 182, and they all fly well enough for the limits of my PC. I can wait with the B200, it will still be there after I get a new system.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain