Sign in to follow this  
Guest XCHEESEHEAD

Saving the cockpit view

Guest XCHEESEHEAD

Hi guys-I was a long time FS pilot years ago but took a break for about 4 years... Anyhow, I just reinstalled FS2004 and was doing some tweaking but can't remember which cfg files you edit to save my adjusted cockpit seat setting. Could really use a helping hand on this one.Thanks much!!!-John

Guest MikeGTO

Each aircraft has a panel.cfg file where you can modify the view, the following link has a good guide on how to do this. It may take some trial and error to get it just right. Even though this page was written for FS 2000, the info is mostly still good for FS 2004.http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/view_win.htm

Guest XCHEESEHEAD

Thank you very much!!! Now back to learning all over again...-John

John I think your question is asking about the eyepoint.Look in the aircraft cfg. under views.If the aircraft cfg doesn't have fwd/aft, left-right, vert just above the eyepoint numbers paste it in so you forget which numbers do what, remembering to comment it out with //(Views) <-- square brackets// -----------fwd/aft-----left-right-----verteyepoint= 2.271366, -1.087105, 2.4344604Daryll

Guest ThrottleUp

I wish eyepoints like this be used on *different* windows in the sim!For example on my B737s I have two panels - one is the default one that came with the plane and the is a heavily-modified version by me.They are set up as follows ()=square brackets:Window01=MainWindow02=Main2(Window01)file=Main_640.bmp size_mm=640position=7visible=1ident=MAIN_PANEL(Window02)file=Main2_640.bmp size_mm=640position=7visible=0ident=MAIN_2The eyepoint line only seems to work on Window01, I guess FS9 does not allow seperate eyepoints for other windows in the sim. The result being that you feel like you are pointing into the sky with Window02 because I cant adjust the eyepoint :(I got around the problem by making two panel.cfgs one with Window01 as my panel and one with the original.

Ahhh, so many choices.Having an extra panel config that is applied to a second sim identical to the original except for the reference to a different panel would be the easiest to use - select the "other" aircraftI typically use the "manual edit" method, though rarely. One exception is in the Dassault Falcon 50 where I have 4 defined viewpoints. + views +//eyepoint=15.70,-1.45,2.4 // original view//eyepoint=22.70,-1.40,2.4 // pilot's seat//eyepoint= 1.0, -1.40,2.4 // passenger lounge 1eyepoint= 5.0, 1.40,2.4 // passenger lounge 2A quick edit to the aircraft.cfg to adjust what is commented out and what is active. Quick aircraft reload... (you do have it assigned to a keypress, don't you - such as CTRL+F11) and we're back in the air and on our way. Fly from the 2D, sightseeing from the rear cabin...Loyd

Guest ThrottleUp

---------------------------------------Quick aircraft reload... (you do have it assigned to a keypress, don't you - such as CTRL+F11)---------------------------------------Whoa I learn something everyday! I didnt even know that command existed http://www.nextgenerationrecords.co.uk/boa...con_redface.gifI am now examining all the keyboard assignments , the less the mouse the better! Surprising what we miss when its right under our noses all the time. Thanks for pointing that out mate :)