Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

mystery of AIRACS: PSS vs PMDG

I have both the PMDG 747 and the PSS 777. I have AIRAC 05/12 dating from 11/05 very old serving the PSS 777. I never thought twice about whether a given airport with ILS capability would have the ILS in the database to allow ILS approaches using the PSS 777 Or Airbuses for that matter. That includes European airports.Now I purchase the PMDG product which ships with AIRAC dated 6/05, I updated it to the 0609 trial version for PMDG from NAVDATA [ looks like a year newer database] and still find that most airports outside US like Heathrow and Amsterdam have no apparent ILS runways.Even Vancouver intl ILS is missing from the newer PMDG database.I am mystified why if we are using the same AIRAC sources suddenly the PMDG product even with more recent version is missing ILS capability at major Eurpean airports that have been always in the PSS database. I think that is huge bummer. What do you PMDG pilots do? These would be prime destination airports to fly to and no ILS!Greg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The ILS info comes from the SID/STARS not the AIRAC. Get the "All-In-One" download and you'll then find all your airports will be populated with runway info when you do your DEP/ARR page.