Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

Dreaming of a good free CYVR scenery

Hi all FS9nersDo you have or do you prepare a nice and simple CYVR scenery. THose available in AVSIM library, especially the last one is very hard on frames and does not suit my tastes.There are plenty of good designers (those who have done CYYJ, CYEG, CYYC for instance) with EZ-Scenery or Rwy12.THose would not be tempted to make a light CYVR good AFCAD?The problem is that the default FS9 terminal is very far out and fitting jetways like one has done is too far from the min requirement.Any ideas?I use this opportunity to Thank all the designers who contribute to the FS9 world by letting us use freely their work.G. Viguie

Guest tango papa

The only one that I know of for sure, is Vancouver+, the handy work of Holger Sandmann. The bad thing, it's not freeware. It's FSAddOn, but if you check it out, you might enjoy it. Plus there is a freeware enhancement to go along with it, that was just posted in the last week, or so.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

In case you don't have it or don't know of it, you must(!!!) get the FSGenesis freeware terrain mesh for BC (76 meter) and Vancouver Island (38 meter). These are top quality freebies from a company that puts out top quality payware.Install is a one file drag and drop and the change is like being hit by lightning. Try the airfields at Stewart and Bella Coolla. Amazing! Best mountain terrain you'll ever fly in. This is what the free Vancouver Island terrain mesh looks like.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/horsesass/best2.jpg

Guest abent

Hey all. I know a guy who's working on a CYVR scenery. I don't think it's a secret, but I'll refer him to this post.Al, you're too kind. And I mean that - TOO kind! :-lol Cheers,Adam

I have got all the sceneries available for Canada.I missed the biggest airports:CYVR, cYYZ AND CYULCanada has a lot of small/medium sceneries like CYYT, CYHZ, CYWG, CYQM, CYEG, CYYC (thanks Mr Schwartz), CYYJ, CYZF...Looking forward to CYVRThanks

I also recall Bill Womack (freight dogs scenery) taking over the duties of CYVR for the Vancouver+ team. Not sure if that is still the case.And Adam your CanUk airports team have certainly brought Canada to life for my sim. Between you guys and Flight Ontario it's a new sim on it's own for Canadian sim pilots.