Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

AI Smooth. Does it work?

I start up AI Smooth before every flight, by habit now, at least if I am flying between busy airports. But I am beginning to realise that it is doing nothing at all. I get just as many aircraft in front of me now as I did before I installed it. How many times in the real world are planes told to 'go around'? (Genuine question - is it a rare thing or does it happen on a daily basis?).I'd be very grateful if anyone who has AIS installed and thinks it is working for them to post their settings. I've been tweaking mine for a several months now, and am coming to the conclusion that I might as well uninstall the programme.I'll try AI separation too - though I didn't like it all that much last time I tried it - odd slewing of a/c. (If I could get AIS to work, that would be the ideal, but I am beginning to despair of that)...Any opinions?Martin

Distance of AI aircraft to landing aircraft [NM] 3.000000Distance of user aircraft to landing aircraft [NM] 5.000000Heading range for intercept [

Thank you Jim. I'm not so sure they are all that different from my settings - but I'll put them into AIS and see if I get any improvement. Since I posted the above, I was flying into San Diego - and heard a jet noise below me. Then this appeared:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/mart.../AAAAAAAAAH.jpgThat's not me in spot view, that's my view from the cockpit. The nerve of it!! Clearly things are not as they should be!M.

AISmooth is not a miracle program in that it will fix FS9 completely, so yes, occasionally, something like that will still happen. But FS9 with or without AISmooth makes a world of difference, IMHO. I use default settings. User plane response checked.

Mike...

I probably need to try AI Separation too - even when I have traffic % set quite low (I have Ultimate Traffic installed) I can get several planes coming in almost (or sometimes literally) one on top of the other at busy airports like Heathrow.In the end, (I thought I had pretty much default AIS settings) the first few lines of your AIS setup Jim are way differnt from mine. I've copied yours across and I'll see how I get on. Thanks again.Martin

You should also give AI time to settle down. That can take 5, 10, 15 minutes easily, after starting up a flight.I've tried AI Separation too, but the slewing back is ugly.Again, AISmooth works fine for me, at Heathrow as well, and I'm running 100% UT (and not just a default installation...). Anyway, depends on personal preference.

Mike...

The screenshot was taken at the end of a long flight, so that isn't the issue. I will try the new settings - it will be odd if they work for Jim but not for me!!M. ;-)