Sign in to follow this  
Guest luke77

ATP lessons

Guest luke77

Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me out with this. I'am currently learning the "descents and energy management" part of the ATP lessons. The problem is every time I touch down on the runway I'm told "since you've crashed I'm ending the lesson" or some jazz like that in red letters. No matter how well I fly the approach I'm always told that I crashed. I'm always on the G/S, LOC, and my speed is perfect. Doesn't matter how gently I set her down Its always the same thing. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for any replies.

Guest PARADISE

I've never taken those tests, but are you landing inside the touchdown zone. Usually you'll see wide markings on either end of the runway ,(normally 3 stripes at the end of the runway, then two and then one). You can make the best touchdown of your life, but floating past these markings is grounds for failure of the checkride. John M

Hey Luke,You can check this link out it might shed some light on your problem. It was written for FS2002.You can think of the checkride as all the pieces of a puzzle (the lessons) coming together and although the focus here is on the actual ATP checkride it is comprised of these pieces.Ya I know clear as mud but check it out it cannot hurt. :-hang Douglas LINK -- http://www.angelfire.com/ult/fsflightline/...ing_737ATP.html

Guest luke77

Thanks for the responses. What I'm talking about isn't the checkride its the "Descents and Energy Management" part of the ATP lessons where you start at 28000 feet with Rod in the cockpit with you and are taught how to calculate a proper descent speed and then you descend at that speed passing specific DME distances at specific altitudes finishing the descent at 8000 feet over the Pane VOR and then starting the approach to KSEA. I can do the descent fine its landing it that's the problem. Has anyone finished this part of the ATP lessons successfully? Thanks again.Thanks for the link I'll check it out.