Sign in to follow this  
Guest bluefunkybassman

Mac Users: what performance do you get on FS9?

Guest bluefunkybassman

If you use a Mac with, say, Bootcamp, please let me know what spec your machine is, what graphics card, and what sort of performance you get in FS9 (also what resolution you are running).I am thinking of getting an iMac (swtiching from PC) and would appreciate your advice.CheersSteve

Guest dpc

There is a very recent review over flightsim.com that addresses this. Good read. Over all it sounded like positive results.

Guest bluefunkybassman

Thanks for this. I have seen that review and, yes, it sounds positive. I was just wondering if there were any more users on this board with real-world results on their Macs.TaSteve

Guest Heber98

I've loaded FSX and FS9+UltTerrain&FSGenesisMesh.I actually thought they ran about the same.In FSX I set mostly medium settings, full scenery density, full autogen, almost no road traffic, medium water effects, I think 76m mesh setting. an I enabled antialias and had resolution 1440x900 32bit. I think I was getting about 18-25 fps.In FS9 I used activesky graphics lower res clouds (128x128)Almost all high settings. limited sight distance to 90 miles. Mitmap is medium. resolution is 1280x768 32bit. Getting closer to 12-20 fps. I'm getting some 'texture flashing' problems. not really flashing, but almost seems like it. it's getting on my nerves. i don't think there's much i can do about it because Apple facilitates the drivers for windows to recognize the hardware. It's a beta graphics driver I think. I can't go to ATI and upgrade the driver. The mitmap is also sort of flickery. I'm still testing around with it.I've got a Macbook Pro CoreDuo 2.16 with 2gb Ram. Integrated ATI X1600 256 shared memory.