Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

feelthere 737 vs pmdg ng

Guest AOA

Hi"If anything the Feelthere 737 has made me appreciate the PMDG 737 even more. When a plane works as well as the PMDG one I realised I started taking things for granted until I got the Feelthere. To me automated flight is a major part of any serious airliner simulation and the PMDG 737 will follow a flight path both vertically and horizontally exactly as programmed. In comparison the Feelthere autopilot is almost amateuristic work as one can also tell from all the complaints on their forum. The VNAV is at best unreliable and the LNAV will give you unexpected and uncontrolled twists and turns. Not to mention that any significant change of heading during take off will result in a temporary dive. Just imagine the poor passengers! So in the end I do feel they are in a totally different league."I`m not seeing this at all.I just completed a very enjoyable offline flight EDDM/EGLL with some pretty strong/gusty winds the whole way to LHR.The ap behaved as I expected all the way to the FAF 27L and was satisfied.I guess the docs are poor at best and I`m a little surprised at the sluggish roll rate but all in all not a bad product and certainly better than some of the crap that has been released recently and for a premium price I might add." the first thing that bugs me is the terrible pixelated texture/font or whatever they use for the digital engine readouts"This might be because of the fact that you are looking at LED tech and not LCD glass.Monkey around in the config until you get the best out of it.Again the lack of docs hurt in setting up the plane the way you like it.Pete

post an image of the graphics issue on the feelthere 737 support forum -http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=15this will allow folks to see what the conern. the phrase'pixelated texture/font' is difficult for me to understand as what is 'pixelated' to one is early 80's technology to another.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest AOA

Scobie"what is 'pixelated' to one is early 80's technology to another"That was my point.Pete

Guest AOA

ScobieI have no problem with the displays.I quoted another user and tried to explain that the "pixelation" that he was seeing was in fact LED technology that FeeelTere was trying to emulate.P

yeah after looking at more, i think that what it is suppose to be, i think i just have to get used to it.ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Brian,I have only seen or used a friends PMDG 737 once so I can not state a like or dislike for the aircraft. I do have the Feelthere 737 and I really enjoy the product. I also have the Level-D 767 and it took me forever to learn how to sucessfully autoland the aircrfat. I was able to autoland the FT737 on my 1st flight.The FT737, based on the actual age of the aircraft, is a generation or two removed from the PMDG Products. Give it a chance and I think that you will enjoy the aircraft. Both of the products do have one thing in common, excellant support either through their web sites or through there support forums.Tom