Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

which co-pilot program?

i want to take my flightsimming to the next leveli use only fs9 and fspassengers - i love this addon just superbi want a co-pilot program that will work with fspax and fs9fs2crew - i hear is quite a challenge to learn - limited to only a few planeswhat about flight deck companion - any others?thanksit would be nice to have one that works with any planesomething that would tune radios and handle radio nav. gear/flaps, etcciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Hey Brian; I do the same thing; FSPax is fantastic. I did purchase Flight Deck Companion for my DF727 - but oh - what a learning curve - and what a job configuring it. It's ok once you get it done (pretty good in fact - and I'd buy it again), but it will take a lot of flying and testing to get it where you want it to be. For example - it wants (default) a number of the FS Pax commands for it's use. There's nothing like making a flight plan with FS Nav, launching FDC, launching ASv6, FS9, starting the flight, loading the passengers, pushing back and then discovering that you can't play music because ctl-shft-m does "something bad" in FDC! Another 40 minutes wasted! :( It will work, don't get me wrong - but it means WORK to get everything together. It's all part of the fun!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

FS2C is the best for the planes it

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Have a look at my video in the "Video Links" section titled ULTIMATE TRACKIR. It has FS2Crew running in the 747, you can see how good it is there. In my opinion, there's simply nothing better for cockpit immersion.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Brian S wrote:"FS2crew - i hear is quite a challenge to learn"Brian, that depends on the version, and the person behind the wheel :-)The ATR Edition is fairly complex to learn, but that's a reflection of the complexity of the SOPs of the airline I modeled, not to mention the ATR itself. The newer versions of FS2Crew, particularly the 767 and 747 Editions, are fairly straight forward assuming you follow the tutorial flight.It takes most people a few flights to get the hang of it and the different approach to FS it requires. Of course some people get it right away, others take longer. It really depends on the individual.All the best,Bryan

You need another co-pilot? I already have several! And many many flight attendants. But the most disturbing part is that there are several captains too. Think about it, FSPax comes with a copilot, Radar Contact has one, and sometimes the plane has one. The Level D has a captain, I'm a captain, Radar Contact has a captain.Whew, how do all these people fit in the cockpit?!?!