Sign in to follow this  
CanadaOne

More trees please.

Is there a cfg. file tweak for more trees? I tried the treegen file in the Avsim library that gives you more trees and reduces their size by 40% but I didn't like it. I just want more default trees if possible.I'm mostly doing bush flights and my FPS is very good. I want bring the detail up another notch.Thanks.

Yeah, More trees!Need more cowbell!

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Ok, I got more cowbell. Now, any idea about the trees? Please?

Guest ps76

Hi,Don't know if there is a way to have more trees in Fs9 over the Terrain setting Autogen to Max level. I think there is a limit to the number of autogen objects that may be placed on a single terrain tile so even texure upgrade packages (Ground Environment etc.) although they help with alignment and basic visual appearance aren't able to produce dense forests etc. I think the limit is much higher for FsX but more autogen needs more processing power (looks good but will only try it if I have more than my Sempron2400+!).Was just thinking what might be good would be to have like with the altering each tree to be more smaller trees (FsTrees) instead also making the autogen tree object much larger and having instead of a tree for the texture a row of trees. So each tree object is now like a small forest area. This way although might not look perfect from the ground might be able to provide fuller forests effect for much less processing power. Maybe might be able to do with buildings too so each object would be a whole city block etc. Basically just fill the landscape first with as few larger objects as possible so it looks 3d from the air and then make smaller objects only if much more processor power available. Might be good with just single tree objects near the airports for visuals on the ground and also so the larger forest objects near the runways didn't overrun the airport.Ok enough of my dreaming for now!! There's the replacement autogen trees file by Gerrish Grey too which works similar to FsTrees I think but might be worth a try.. (MsTrees2.zip)Pierre

Thanks for the heads up!!The file is for 2002, will it still work in FS9?Thanks...........

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

No - FS2004 is limited to 600 objects per autogen tile.FSX can have 6,000 tree objects per tile - but the 1000% increase in polygons is the largest negative impact upon FPS in FSX.Basically increasing the work the graphics and CPU have to do by a factor of 10.

Guest ps76

Hi,MsTrees2.zip should work fine in Fs2004 (have it installed on my Pc). To help Fps have also halved the texture (+alpha) size with the freeware DxtBmp program (saving as DXT1 with Alpha) (http://fly.to/mwgfx/).Only advise to make the backup of the original files before replacing so if the new ones aren't liked it's no problem to return back (TreesFa.bmp TreesHw.bmp TreesSp.bmp TreesSu.bmp TreesWi.bmp).Pierre.

worked like a charm................Thanks!

Ed

Guest jag 6242

Try real enviorement pro from this site. Not only more trees, but better everything.

Guest crotiusf16

Real Environment is totally AWESOME. I have loaded it and I couldn't believe the difference in scenery.