Sign in to follow this  
Calypso50

EMB 120 sound ?

Loving flying the great EMB 120 by Eric Cantu and all Steve's et al super repaints... I have Horst Paetzold's panel AND I 'think" his sounds with his panel ?? I'm not sure but I did replace the default..Can't find what sounds exactly I have.. But-- is there a way to take out the altitude warnings when landing "500 FEET", etc?By playing the sound files I have gotten out a few others but can't find this one..Cheers on a gorgeous Sat afternoon, here anyway in up-state NY.

Guest ibhayirob

hi bill - from port elizabeth south africawheres the the mga - ducatti 900ss and the laverda 1000you dont own all those dream machines do youyes the 120 is sweet - i use the dash 7 panel and sound - so what if only two throttles workcant you delete the call out guage from the panel cfgwhat are your fave repaints for herrob

Hi Rob, Worlds away yet so close..Well, I don't see what in the Panel cfg i would delete. To get rid of a few other sounds(overspeed and Ap disconnect), I listened to each sound clip until i found the ones I wanted to delete. But I haven't found one for "500, 400, 300" Scares me to death on every approach. It's LOUD!!It is Adam Murphy's sound set...I'll ask him...Favorite repaints.. humm I just install everone Steve Drabek comes up with--This week I'm kind partial to paints with Daniel Halperin's metal engines.I like--Skywest #1..Comair, Atlantic SE, Ocean Air Orange, they're all great..sometimes I just load one up, take off fly a bit, reload another one, take off, just to look at them at 'dusk".....Ok the truth about my machines---.. SIZE counts, eh? And no way I can match some guy's "rigs" out here---although I don't have any complaints with mine. :-cool I still have the Healy, Tiger, R-50 and K-100.. On the road I like the Healy and the K-100.. Around town I like the Tiger and the R-50 because nobody knows what they are. And I still think Bimmers should be BLACK!! Not all those 'cutsie" colors. :-) The Healy was practically a 'gift' from my old college roomate.. long story..Thanks for the suggestion...

Hi Bill, You may be looking in the wrong place for the sound(s) in question. Sometimes, the sounds like you mention, are not installed into the same folder as the plane's sound folder. See if there is a folder in the main FS9 sound folder with this aircraft name. It may be in there. Also, the files might be in the actual FS9 sound folder without being in its own sub folder. If you are sure about this when you do find it, I would copy and paste it in a safe place just in case it is the wrong one deleted**, so you can put it back. Also when you find the file(s) in question, you can lower them in Windows sound recorder instead of deleting them. Backup them up first. **I don't recommend just deleting a file, because if the cfg file is trying to call up this sound, and it is not there, you can have a crash. Post back your findings. I hope this helps you out. Good luck.

Thanks for all that info Jeff. I check things out and report back..And Rob, check out Jeff,s sig.. see what I mean. I don't even know what most of that stuff is.. :-lol Jeff, you got me beat.. :>)

Hi Jeff,Well, what an education this has been. :>)Looking in Sound cfg files,, listening to sounds-- learning aliases. etc.. several different 'altitude callouts" - versions that I have never even heard before..One set in question is in the AS738 folder in the FS9 SOUND folder..Where can I find the - Windows sound recorder..? I found the Windows SOUND AND AUDIO DEVICES but that won't do it.Thanks again---

Hi Bill, sorry for the delay..was out of town today. Anyway If you have WinXP, go to start, programs, accessories, entertainment, sound recorder. Once sound recorder is loaded, hit file, open, and navigate to the file in question. There is an option once the file is opened under effects. You will see decrease volume. I usually do it more than once to get it where I want as it doesn't make huge changes. Keep in mind that in sound recorder, the file may play louder than what it is actually playing if you opened it with say windows media player or in FS9 for that matter. Once you have it where you like, just go to file and save. It will save it with the new setting. Again, just make sure you back up this before opening it with sound recorder as I'm sure you already know. One more thing, when you open the file if the window between position and lenghth (rectangular box) is greyed out and not black with the wave line in yellow, the file must be converted to a higher quality before you can make any changes to it. Let me know if that happens and I'll tell you what to do next. It is late and I am on the tired side. I'll check back later today or this evening to see how it went. talk to you soon.

Hello Jeff, I haven't had time yet to do any flyinf.. too usy with real world stuff. BUT I certainly will try your suggestions.

Yep, I know about that real world stuff. I have been buried in it since last July. The only thing that keeps me sane, is a flight or two a day when I can. It takes my mind off the daily stress of my business. I hope things work out for you.

Guest dogknot

Since altitude callouts are part of the "Ground Proximity Warning System" (GPWS), the gauge can be stopped from working via the panel.cfg. It probably has gpws in it's gauge name.Horst Paetzold has used "737.WCgpws" in at least one of his panels. When found, just toss in a couple of forward slashes preceding the gauge number and it won't function.Example:..gauge77=Kingair!AutoFeather_Light, 470,304,54,16//gauge78=737.WCgpws, 807,321,16,16That should end it. Hope that helps you out.Happy Flying! :-wave

Jeff and Brent,Thank you again.As soon as I have a couple straight hours I will get to work on the sound.. and report back..Calypso forever..

Hi Brent,I made the change you suggested--.---------------gauge77=Kingair!AutoFeather_Light, 470,304,54,16//gauge78=737.WCgpws, 807,321,16,16---------------Hooray!! That was th easy part, and JEff.. I'll still work on your ideas when I have that feee time...and report in :-) Cheers...

Hey Bill, glad you got part of this sorted.I never thought of suggesting what Brent mentioned, as I neglected to read your initial post through and didn't realize you wanted to stop a gauge file being called on. Brent's suggestion was the best way for sure. Sometimes gauge sounds are coded into the gauge itself and can't be altered to my knowledge, you lucked out as they were not. Keep us posted.