Sign in to follow this  

ILS not on r/way centre line!

When i fly my Dreamfleet 737 at certain Airports(mainly addons), the ILS approach lands the aircraft to the side of the runway by a couple of degrees. Is this the fault of the developer and is there a way to make the plane land on the centre line without manually flying.Thanks.

by looking at the approach charts of an airport. those charts can be bought e.g. from jeppesen (the professional ones) and many flightsim ones can be either bought or just downloaded anywhere from the web. one of the most impressive offset approaches used to be hong kong kai tak where you final approach was done at ~ 80 degrees and right before touch down you had to turn right to ~ 130 degrees. unfortunately that airport has been closed. however, there are still some airports left with e.g. 5 degrees offset, like Innsbruck LOWI any many more. those offset approaches are usually the resut of geographic restrictions (valley, mountains etc.) so you should only find them at some designated airfields (see my page below for some examples). hence, if you have this 'problem' with many or even all major airports then someting is defintely wrong...P.S. I just checked my own site. some other interesting offset approaches (besides VHHH, Hong Kong and LOWI, Innsbruck) are e.g. ENHV, CYLW, ENRA, LICR or PAVD.CheersPhilCome to DAD!http://www.dangerous-airports.com/images/dad_logo.jpgAMD XP 2700+, 512 MB, ASUS A7N8X, GF4 440, 17" TFT

Would i be right in saying then, that these airports have to be approached manually without rellying on the EHSI, as i have the Austria Pro package and when i try to land on auto at Innsbruck the EHSI needle is straight but it misses the runway!Thanks for your help.

aaah, so your problem is indeed innsbruck then ;-) good! and yes: at least the last part of the approach has to be done manually where you turn the a/c to align with the runway. For LOWI, the published point where you start flying the visual approach is RUM D4.0 OEV for RWY 26 (approach called LOCDME EAST with LOC 111.1 OEV).CheersPhilP.S. I again checked my site and yes, the chart confirms the approach as mentioned above. in case the austria pro did not come with appropriate jeppesen chart material then you can download the chart from my site by clicking on the chart for the airport in question. the charts are all made after real jeppesen charts (unless stated otherwise). Here is the direct link for the LOWI chart: http://www.dangerous-airports.com/charts/lowi26.zipCome to DAD!http://www.dangerous-airports.com/images/dad_logo.jpgAMD XP 2700+, 512 MB, ASUS A7N8X, GF4 440, 17" TFT