Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cavok_31

CAN ATC GROUND BE DISABLED? ITS VERY INEFFECTIVE

Guest Cavok_31

Bottle Necks and long traffic jams are impossible to prevent no Matter how good your AFCAD may be.Is there any way to get AI aircraft to just taxi through other AI aircraft sense FS ATC lacks ground handling capability? I'd dont mind the urealistic flow of ground traffic at ,major airports just as long as my AI planes can arrive and depart the gates without getting stuck. ATC GROUND NEEDS A SERIOUS OVERHAULMore Insight on this issue is very welcomed:-walksmile

Guest tango papa

I saw an airport add-on that had info in the read-me file about flow-thru parking, which eliminated traffic jams. But, I can't remeber which airport, and who did the AFCAD for it. Sorry I can't provide more details.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest Cavok_31

thanks ILL be on the look out

The short answer is no, not as you describe. However, if you have aircraft waiting to cross active runways this can be fixed. It's called the "diamond" technique:1. Drag the node that creates the crossing point between the runway and that taxiway to one side along the runway. This creates one side of the diamond.2. Create a taxiway that goes from red hold short node to red hold short node WITHOUT connecting to the runway.3. Create another taxiway that goes from one red hold short node, to the runway, and to the other red hold short node. This creates the other side of the diamond.Adjust the markings on the various routes until they are to your liking. This will allow aircraft to cross active runways. You might have a few collisions, but that's the price for reducing congestion. They'll just pass right through each other.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

unfortunately some airports are designed in certain ways, the default ATC always messes something up, and the diamond techniques make it even worse. KSEA comes to mind. the flytampa scenery is awesome, but I cannot fly there, with my level of AI traffic, it always is a traffic jam and airplanes get stuck because the ATC cannot direct them properly

Unfortunately the easiest way to break a relatively efficient ground control ATC in FS is to "fix Microsoft errors"KSEA has taxiway A broken into three segments, B also in three segments, H in two, J in three, N in two, Q in two.These segmentations must remain as in the stock AFCAD - or the ground taxi system is broken forever.KJFK taxiways A & B must not be changed, EGLL is also very sensitive to changes.Like most things in FS - the troubles we have are largely self inflicted.

Guest Cavok_31

Thank you TOM, REGGIE, and ALEX for weighing in...:-)