Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

IFDG Airbuses.Nice But!

Hello AllI like the IFDG airbuses BUT! Why are they so slow to draw in there textures?I was flying a rather nice Qatar airlines 320 all was well till i came in to land in a thunderstorm and then as you switch views and come to spot view you have a greyed out model for a second or two and its horrible.I don't get this with the various Boeing's i have including default, and default with repaints, FFX(i think)also no probs and they look good to.Its just IFDG.Which is a shame.I have tried fiddling around with a program that converts between different texture types (DXT3 etc)but as yet no joy haven't worked it out yet and only succeeded in turning an Air Asia 320 grey(For transporting politicians,suits and other assorted dullards perhaps.)Anyway how do you find the IFDG Airbuses?cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

I've noticed the iFDG models to be a little more intense graphically than most comparable freeware models (Posky, FFX, etc) too. I believe it's because they aren't Gmax models. Very nice packages nonetheless though, and I had pretty good luck getting them to run smoothly by doing the DXT3 thing.If you download "iFDG Frontier A319-111 Pack 8" from the library you'll find a nifty little texture conversion utility called "A32X Texture Converter.exe" included in the .zip file (as well as 4 great Frontier liveries for the A-319). You can drop a copy of this utility into any aircraft's texture folder, double click it, select an option, and it will batch-convert the entire texture set to DXT3. Haven't seen this utility included in any other packages except "iFDG Frontier A319-111 Pack 8" which you can get here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=root"Anyway how do you find the IFDG Airbuses?"I generally just use the search engine :) .Seriously though, the A-32X series are in my top ten list of FS2004 freeware. If you're looking for a panel, try Ken Mitchell's A-320 panel (ab320km_panel.zip).Jim

>I've noticed the iFDG models to be a little more intense>graphically than most comparable freeware models (Posky, FFX,>etc) too. I believe it's because they aren't Gmax models. >Very nice packages nonetheless though, and I had pretty good>luck getting them to run smoothly by doing the DXT3 thing.>>If you download "iFDG Frontier A319-111 Pack 8" from the>library you'll find a nifty little texture conversion utility>called "A32X Texture Converter.exe" included in the .zip file>(as well as 4 great Frontier liveries for the A-319). You can>drop a copy of this utility into any aircraft's texture>folder, double click it, select an option, and it will>batch-convert the entire texture set to DXT3. Haven't seen>this utility included in any other packages except "iFDG>Frontier A319-111 Pack 8" which you can get here:>>http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=root>>"Anyway how do you find the IFDG Airbuses?">>I generally just use the search engine :) .>>Seriously though, the A-32X series are in my top ten list of>FS2004 freeware. If you're looking for a panel, try Ken>Mitchell's A-320 panel (ab320km_panel.zip).>>JimThank You JImThats VERY helpful i will nip over to IFDG and get that download.PS i aready use Ken Mitchels in all my airbuses.Thanks againAndty

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

The AeroDesigns A318 (with Ken Mitchell's panel, of course!) is a good one to try, as it has not only a virtual cockpit but also a virtual cabin as well.And keep trying with the DXT3 conversion - it really does work. I convert all my POSky textures as they have the same issue with my system.;)