Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

MegaFrankfurt question

Anyone's using this scenery in PMDG or Level-D planes? How is it? I have a very strong rig and my other sceneries (not that big though) are all maxed out. Do you think I'll have to compromise my Extremely Dense settings for MegaFranfurt? The heaviest scenery I have atm is Visual Flight London. Flying Eeaglsoft BJ400 out of EGLC in the west direction @ strong 25 fps. Scenery @ Extremely Dense, Dynamic is @ Very Dense. What can I expect in MegaFrankfurt in PMDG's B744 @ the same settings? Thinking to buy it, I know it is good, but smooth flying is even better. Core2 Extreme, 2GB RAM, GF7900GTX here.ASVe, GEPro might be a factor as well, but those are untouchables.Thanks.

You should be alright, I have both the 747 and 767 and also MegaFrankfurt, I get pretty good frames with the 747 like in the 20s and the 767 not far behind. I am of course talking exclusively VC, I don't use crappy 2D panels anymore. My system is a Core2 E6600 with 2 GB Ram and a 7600GT.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Thanks, Jeff, I'm gonna try it then. BTW how do you work on FMC in 3D?

If you use Visual Flight London you can run anything! ... VFL frames are appalling!MegaFrankfurt is a must have .... I have no problem flying anything in ...mind you unlike Jeff I use excellent 2D panels and not crappy VC's! :-hah

>You should be alright, I have both the 747 and 767 and also>MegaFrankfurt, I get pretty good frames with the 747 like in>the 20s and the 767 not far behind. I am of course talking>exclusively VC, I don't use crappy 2D panels anymore. My>system is a Core2 E6600 with 2 GB Ram and a 7600GT.>>JeffI think the 2D panel in the excellent PMDG B744 is, well, excellent ;-) I've been wondering about this Frankfurt scenery for a while now. Pay day soon!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>If you use Visual Flight London you can run anything! ... VFL>frames are appalling!>>MegaFrankfurt is a must have .... I have no problem flying>anything in ...mind you unlike Jeff I use excellent 2D panels>and not crappy VC's! :-hah>>

>regards>>Ed>>aka Capt. P[/font color][font>color=brown]i[/font color]c[/font>color]a[/font color][font>color=purple]s[/font color]s[/font>color]o[/font color]>>>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/edetroit100/eddd2.jpg>>My FS9>Videos] >>>AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD >256Mb DDR Nvidia 7800 GTX PCI-E, Audigy 2 ZS>CH Products Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant[/font colorEd, I keep telling you...............Get a TrackIR4 mate and you will absolutely LOVE the vc views!

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hey Dirk, I was just joking about the "crappy 2D panels," just wanted to see if someone would catch that, lol.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Thanks, guys! Have finally bought it and installed. All my fears have been lifted, works great and really very much FPS-friendly. Much lighter than VFLondon (where I'm also enjoying SMOOTH low-alt flights). The default traffic setting (not tweaked, heavy) is at 100% he-he (no GA though), scenery at extremely dense, 1280x1024, AA4, AFx8. FSX is gathering dust on the shelf, will stay there for the next 18 months.Thanks for the help again.

Excellent! .... the Simwings CDG is another amazing scenery for airport size/framerates.Hello Dave, I have Track IR :)

And If you are getting MegaFrankfurt, you may also want to check their German scenery 4.Wasserkupe (EDER?) GA airport with its sloped runway is simply breathtaking. German Scenery 4 straddles or rather Frankfurt is in this geography.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>And If you are getting MegaFrankfurt, you may also want to>check their German scenery 4.>>Wasserkupe (EDER?) GA airport with its sloped runway is simply>breathtaking. >>German Scenery 4 straddles or rather Frankfurt is in this>geography.>>MannyManny, thank you so much. Will I have a problem installing GS4 after Megafranfurt? Coz Megafrankfurt installer asked me if I had GS4 isntalled. Sloped runway! Way to go. Something I had expected in FSX.

I think...they said..it has to be installed in an order. not sure what the order was.I have tried it both ways.. I couldn't see any difference. Thats why I don't even know in what order I have them.If it has to be in partculary order.. just reinstal Frankfurt after Germany scenery 4 (Maybe frankfurt need to before GS4 for all you know).MannyPS: There is enormous fun in sloped runways.... I also have their Lukla airport with sloped runway. I have lots of fun landing the CS C-130 at Lukla.The Wassrkupe is a GA airport. very small... but its on a hill top...and in a 24" widescreen monitor...its really really nice. Flying my Kingair from Frankfurt to Wasserkupe and back is a nice trip.

Manny

...and in a 24" widescreen monitor...its really really>nice. Flying my Kingair from Frankfurt to Wasserkupe and back>is a nice trip.Manny, one more question pls: what do you see in 2D view on your widescreen? Are the sides of the screen cut out, black? . I guess not a problem, but still interesting. (I hope the 2D panel is not just squashed).Are there a/c panels created for widescreen resolution?Thanks.

>Anyone's using this scenery in PMDG or Level-D planes? How is>it? I have a very strong rig and my other sceneries (not that>big though) are all maxed out. Do you think I'll have to>compromise my Extremely Dense settings for MegaFranfurt? The>heaviest scenery I have atm is Visual Flight London. Flying>Eeaglsoft BJ400 out of EGLC in the west direction @ strong 25>fps. Scenery @ Extremely Dense, Dynamic is @ Very Dense. What>can I expect in MegaFrankfurt in PMDG's B744 @ the same>settings? Thinking to buy it, I know it is good, but smooth>flying is even better. Core2 Extreme, 2GB RAM, GF7900GTX>here.>>ASVe, GEPro might be a factor as well, but those are>untouchables.>>Thanks.Just all to the right and custom AI at 100% with a C2D 6600 runs all fine :-) and 7950GT 512Mb and 2Gb crucial DDR ram :-)Andr

André

>...and in a 24" widescreen monitor...its really really>>nice. Flying my Kingair from Frankfurt to Wasserkupe and>back>>is a nice trip.>>Manny, one more question pls: what do you see in 2D view on>your widescreen? Are the sides of the screen cut out, black? .>I guess not a problem, but still interesting. (I hope the 2D>panel is not just squashed).>>Are there a/c panels created for widescreen resolution?>>Thanks.The 2D panel (not the outside view) would be stretched out. And there are no widescreen 2D panels that I know of.However, you can adjust the 2d panel to its proper size by moving the cursor to the right edge of the panel and when the cursor turns <->, just drag it to the left and release it. You will now have eiher a black block or outside view in that block. Again,,, Just display the Radio stack or the GPS and place it in that new found real estate and save the flight. So the next time you load it, its all there nice and proper.Thats it.For me, I fly the VC only.Manny

Manny