Sign in to follow this  
Guest arrow2

twin Bonanza for fs2004

Guest arrow2

Hi, can someone help me please? I downloaded Eric Dantes Twin Bonanza from the library and i don't know how to load it to flight sim 2004. Thanks in advance

Guest tango papa

First, you need Winzip to extract the compressed file. Just do a search in Google or Yahoo. Download Winzip, and install to your PC. Go to whichever folder you D/L'ed the Twin. Double click on the file, and Winzip will display several files. One of those files should be "READ ME 1sT". Double click that file, and you will have the directions, and just follow the instructions, which might indicate FS9, Aircraft, or to a temp folder, which you will need to add. Click the Extract Icon at the top of the WINZIP screen. Another screen will appear showing all your files. You will need to find the location indicated in the "Read Me" file. The select ALL FILES, and also "Use Folder Names". One more step and you are done, click on the "Extract" button on the right hand side. Your A/C should be listed in the Aircraft folder in FS. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,You'll have a Zip file wherever you downloaded the plane to i.e My Documents etc.Before opening any file it's sensible to scan it for bad things.I just use the Extract (right click, then extract) and then see what's there.as you can see from looking at FS9 there is a certain way the files have to look and you have to follow that.the Twin bonanza folder contains texture(s),model(s),air file, cfg file, panel,sound etc---and goes in---one up--aircraftone up--Flight Simulator 9one up--Microsoft gamesone up--Program filesone up--StartSome times if you unzip directly into FS9 the folders get into the wrong part of the game and don't show up.Knowing a little more about what problems you are encountering would be helpful.Andy.