Sign in to follow this  
Guest thanOS

Original Aircraft Compatibility

Guest thanOS

Hello Everyone.I currently have an FS2002 installation and i was looking for some aircraft add-ons. I tried to filter the FS2002 compatible aircraft (from FS2002 Original Aircraft) but had zero results. I then tried to search with the type of the aircraft i was looking for and got many results of airplanes originally built for FS2004 with a note saying "It will probably work in FS2002").My question is:Are there huge incompatibilities between FS2202 and FS2004 as far as Aircraft model definition is concerned? Will the FS2004 models work in FS2002?Is it possible to point me to "complete" and operative versions (In FS2002) for the following aircraft?DASH-8 (Any livery, any type...i am just looking for a realistic model for this type)DHC-6 Twin Otter (Again any livery, but realistic model)DC-3 (In passenger configuration)Any other helicopter than the default Bell 2006 included with FS2002.I hope this is not too much to ask :-)Looking forward to hearing from you

Hi thanOS.Not sure if I've understood you correctly, but I searched the Avsim library randomly in the FS2002 original aircraft for Dash-8s, and got 2 pages full - 19 files! The third one down on page 1 expressly says 'FS2002 PRO Dehavilland DASH8-Q311'.Bottom line is - try one and see. If it's designed for FS2002, it should work. Some planes designed for FS9 (2004) do work in FS2002 if they were made in GMAX and exported using the FS2002 add-on. However, those exported from GMAX using the FS9 addon won't work in FS2002 - these usually state that they won't. There shouldn't be an issue with FSDS models.Good luck!;)

Guest thanOS

Hello microlightThanks for your reply, i was beggining to lose hope there :-)>Not sure if I've understood you correctly, but I searched the>Avsim library randomly in the FS2002 original aircraft for>Dash-8s, and got 2 pages full - 19 files! The third one down>on page 1 expressly says 'FS2002 PRO Dehavilland DASH8-Q311'.What i did was to log-in to the library and then select FS2002 - Original Aircraft from the drop down list. I get no results. I suppose that the search field must be populated (?)>Bottom line is - try one and see. If it's designed for FS2002,>it should work. Some planes designed for FS9 (2004) do work in>FS2002 if they were made in GMAX and exported using the FS2002>add-on. However, those exported from GMAX using the FS9 addon>won't work in FS2002 - these usually state that they won't.>There shouldn't be an issue with FSDS models.Yep, this is indeed the bottom line :-) I just want to avoid crashes and all the hassle of installing-uninstalling patches / fixes and whatnot....Thanks for your help.