Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Overland / Simmers Sky Products?

Noticed a large increase of repaints for these products. Never had any applications from them. What sort of quality are these addons?Can only find Japanese website???!!!

Can be bought at the Simmarket Website...even as sperate Airbus & Boeing packages.>Noticed a large increase of repaints for these products. >Never had any applications from them. What sort of quality>are these addons?>>Can only find Japanese website???!!!

Phil,If you are looking for a plane to just jump in and fly without all the sophiticated fmc etc. then it is a pretty good set of planes (airbus). I enjoy flying them if I don't want to bother with all the startups and FMC like the PMDG or Level D. Decent frame rates, and flight dynamics are ok (better than defaults).I don't have any of overland's scenery but I have heard they are very good.CarlDell E510, P4-3.4ghz, 2gram, 7600GS.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi :)I've merged the Overland A340 with the PSS panel, and I am very happy with the results :). The visual models of the Overland aircraft are excellent, and the frame rate hit is minimal :D

The only Overland/SimmersSky airplanes I would recommend would be their A320 series (haven't played around with the A330 as I already own the PSS version). CLS makes a good A310/A340. CLS and Overland had some of the same guys work on the Airbuses from both developers. For a light add-on (non-hardcore), the various Airbuses are a great value from both CLS and SimmerSky. They look good inside and out. Since your wondering about Overland/SimmerSky, there's a little FDE problem with the A320 aircraft. It seems full flaps give a little too much lift. Full flaps will have you coming in at 110kts which is unrealistic. It's not a big problem as everything else is decent enough to enjoy the whole flight. Just don't use full flaps on approach. There's a nice freeware update in the works for the Overland A320 series that brings an FMS, more realistic ND display, and weather radar to the birds.All other SimmerSky aircraft in my book are crap (at least as far as the VC's go). They have great visual models but that's it. I say this with the exception of the MD11 but that aircraft is freeware located on Simmersky's website (among other places). The MD11 was surprisingly included in the payware package. If you want an easy on framerates A320 series to fly in and out of places like New York and LA, you can't go wrong. At this time it's the only real game in town unless you want to deal with 2D panels and side views. We are working on a Pilot in Command version of the A320 series over at FeelThere/Wilco which is shaping up to be quite nice but it's a hardcore package (albeit easy on frames as well which I'm sure some will find very welcome). Concerning Overland/SimmerSky, with the freeware update in the works the birds you get in this package are one heck of a value for a lite non-hardcore experience that's easy on framerates...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The large amount of repaints got me interested in the Airbus package. Bought it last month and I can highly recommend it if you like "lite" aircraft. Great looking models, not one, but just about the entire Airbus line. Nice panels, virtual cockpits, lots of liveries available. Plenty of sound sets in the library. And for that price... I was so pleased with the package that I bought the Boeing package earlier this week. I'm a happy camper!Tip: check the FlightSim.com library for some Boeing paints you can't find here. The Continental and Southwest 737-700 for example.

Mike...

Thanks for the good feedback - appreciated.

Guest JTEK99

>Concerning Overland/SimmerSky, with the freeware update in the>works the birds you get in this package are one heck of a>value for a lite non-hardcore experience that's easy on>framerates...Dillon:There's an update in the works? I couldn't find any information about it.