Sign in to follow this  
j1o2h3n4

Cache directory errors

Help required,All of a sudden I keep getting a window popping up saying for eg "Cached file "AerosoftGA1 bundle sceneryeddm_fs9_r1 missing"alogwith window after window with various comments. After OK'ing these I end up having to shut down FS9 with the task manager.All this started after installing Aerosofts GA1 and GA3 scenerys, after contacting Aerosoft and trying all of their suggestions, none of which cured the problem, even after establishing that the scenery was not being cached. I then ran restore to a date prior to installing this scenery ,set up a flight in the UK and ran FS9 without any other program running and still I have the problem. As it stands FS9 is unusable.

I don't know the answer, John, I have none of their products, but as a general rule the first thing I would do after uninstalling (and removing)the software, is run "Registry Healer" or some other quality cleaner.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul,A mate came round and after trying a few things, the last of which was to delete the fs9.cfg and reboot fs9, in order to rebuild the fs9.cfg.This last move seems to have done the trick as we have now had FS9 running for over 4Hrs with no repeats of the problem.Regards JohnT

You dont by chance have Trendmicro 2007 installed do you? Or did you just install KATL v1.5?

Eric 

>You dont by chance have Trendmicro 2007 installed do you? Or>did you just install KATL v1.5?If the question is meant for me, I dont know of either of these programs.I have just shutdown and restarted the CPU, and the problem is back with a vengence. Will seek out the program mentioned above and give that a try.Regards

Make sure the scenery.cfg file found in the same folder as your fs9.cfg file is the same as the one in your main fs9 folder. See if that helps.

Eric 

>Make sure the scenery.cfg file found in the same folder as>your fs9.cfg file is the same as the one in your main fs9>folder. See if that helps. Thanks ,You may have found the problem.They are not the same, Areas are missing and true/false statements do not match in certain places.Pardon my ignorance but where do I go from here?Regards

Easy, just copy the one from the main FS9 folder and overwrite the one that sits in the folder your FS9.cfg file is in.

Eric 

>Easy, just copy the one from the main FS9 folder and>overwrite the one that sits in the folder your FS9.cfg file is>in. Tried that, but to no avail, in fact a mate and I have tried practically every thing we can think of ie see below a copy of an EMail I have just posted to him:-Just a quickie, after you left I rebooted up and tried the same flight with the Dash. You guessed it, it went AWOL again, so I tried again using the PMDG 737, well it worked after a fashion, but no repeat of the scenery cfg errors, I noticed that Squawkbox had vanished out of the modules drop down and on reboot the start-up screen had repositioned itself way off-centre. I gave up at this point and went Bo-Bo's 01:50hrs. Tried again to day after defragging, used the Dash again, same story as before. Shut down restarted ,defragged and have been flying EDDN-EDDH-EDDN all day using the 737 inc of AES,FS2Crew & Active Sky, no problems apart from a few stutters. So I deduce from that, that the problem is the Dash8, though how I cannot figure. Sent an EMail to "Just Flight Tech Forum" to see if they have any ideas.Still trying, thanks for the suggestions, it all helps to eliminate possible causes.

Hi all,Problem resolved, de-installed the Dash and checked the FS9 folder. Found two more dash folders which I promptly deleted. Re-installed the Dash and lo problem gone.Regards