Sign in to follow this  
Guest arrow2

software/freeware for Runways etc.

Guest arrow2

Is there any software or freeware that enables you to add runways to places that don't have them like islands and such?

Guest tango papa

AFCAD 2.2.1 is about the only program used for design, remodel, tower placement, taxiways, aprons, and parking assignments. Plus, you can also taxiways to create roads outside of the airport perimiter. It includes numerous textures, but will not place buildings or hangers. It is available from the AVSIM library.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

AFCAD is mainly designed to modify the default airports to improve AI functions. It can be used for new airports, but has some shortcomings. SceneGenX IMHO is better for doing complete airport designs.scott s..

Guest tango papa

You are correct, but AFCAD is the only way to set up Ground and Tower traffic frequencies, NDB, VOR, and ILS Navaids. As for actual design, you have several options, such as RWY12, Legos, and Scenery Builder. They all have their own personalities.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest arrow2

I can't seem to find the AFCAD 2.2.1 dowload from the AVSIM library. All i get when i search are the files of airports already made with afcad. Any tips on how to find the AFCAD 2.2.1 download?

Guest tango papa

I just did a Google search, AFCAD 221 should be listed at www.projectai.com, and if that doesn't work- www.simviation.com/fs2004utilities1.htm Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

>You are correct, but AFCAD is the only way to set up Ground>and Tower traffic frequencies, NDB, VOR, and ILS Navaids. As>for actual design, you have several options, such as RWY12,>Legos, and Scenery Builder. They all have their own>personalities.SceneGenX can do all that, plus it can place default objects, generic buildings, API macros, and Rwy12 library objects. It also will build taxisigns and windsocks, scenery excludes, and flattens. SGX also allows a background map for RW placement. All the scenery is built in FS9 bglcomp xml format, so can be hand-edited in a text editor without knowing any SCASM.AFCAD is better for WYSIWYG alignment of taxiways, viewing night lighting, running the error checker, and assigning airline codes to parking. It's probably also better for complex taxi setups like star runways and diamond crossings.SGX has a few more bugs AFAICT. Actually, I don't think I have ever seen a bug in AFCAD, other than a problem with airport index files, aside from some problems with the way AFCAD encodes elevations.scott s..

Guest arrow2

Thanks to everyone for the help and comments. If have downloaded AFCAD and started using it. I am trying to put a runway on an island in the philippines which my father and i use to fly to a lot in a Beech Twin Bonanza. Unfortunately i am having trouble with finding the long and lat as well as the other info needed to place the runway properly.