Sign in to follow this  
Guest captandy

Wilco/FeelThere 737 PIC !!!

In regards to Lou Betti's praise, I would expect one flightsim developer to praise another. I can't recall an instance where developers have talked badly about another developer, so I take this with a grain of salt. Secondly, the praise seems rather lukewarm:"Right now, if you want a nice, classic 737, get the one from Feel There. They continue to improve it, and Victor and team over there are really trying, and IMHO, have done a very nice job for the money."Would anyone say about the LVD 767 that the team did a "nice job on it?"In regards to FT's version of the classic 737:1) Before the patch, engaging vnav meant extreme fluctuations in rates of climb. This was mitigated somewhat with the patch release. 2) Performance is atrocious compared with other payware aircraft. 3) Why should I have to turn down gauge refresh rates to get acceptable performance?4) Graphics, especially for the virtual cockpit, are substandard. Blocky textures all around. 5) You have to deal with Wilco's lousy support. 6) The plane doesn't come with a manual worth bothering with.I understand that FS9 is a game, so the argument "you can't evaluate it unless you're a certified 737 captain" is entirely mute. However, I do expect performance, visual quality, and support to be in line with what other highend addon developers are offering. In the end, the problem really is that companies like Level D, Aeroworx, Digital Aviation, Eaglesoft, Dreamfleet, Fly Tampa, Aerosoft, to name but a few, have set the standards so high that it is becoming increasingly harder for developers to keep up. ricardo

"3) Why should I have to turn down gauge refresh rates to get acceptable performance?"Because it's a utility to further make the add-on that much more compatible with a wide variety of hardware. On every add-on that has the option I usually adjust the gauge refresh rate. To have a problem with a feature like this is being just plain anal to say the least. There's many examples that debunk your grip here. You have to adjust settings in FS9 in general. Any add-on/program etc. that's not adjustable is that much more of a problem in general. FSX is very adjustable and it's still a mess. Can you imagine FSX without any adjustable features for users to toggle? People would scream bloody murder...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Water Mango

I like the FeelThere 737... :-)I haven't seen any problems whatsoever. Ricardo's comment tops the list of unreasonable customer complaints. I never thought I'd see the day someone would have a problem with customizable features that actually improve a products performance based on their hardware. Ricardo get a clue, if you had the horsepower you wouldn't have to adjust anything. Ask yourself this question instead. Ricardo and others here are a write off. There's no way you can please these people. :-roll

All this talk does not bode well for Feelthere's/Wilco upcoming A320 series for FS9/FSX.

Eric 

As much as people want a hardcore A320 series of aircraft, my prediction is it'll be just fine... ;)

FS2020 

>All this talk does not bode well for Feelthere's/Wilco>upcoming A320 series for FS9/FSX.I beg to differ - I think it points out just how good it may be.

>I like the FeelThere 737... :-)>>I haven't seen any problems whatsoever. Ricardo's comment>tops the list of unreasonable customer complaints. I never>thought I'd see the day someone would have a problem with>customizable features that actually improve a products>performance based on their hardware. >>Ricardo get a clue, if you had the horsepower you wouldn't>have to adjust anything. Ask yourself this question instead. >Ricardo and others here are a write off. There's no way you>can please these people. :-roll Had you bothered to read my -fairly visible- "sig" you would realize that I have more than enough "horsepower" to run this addon. So, your statement is besides the point. Your other statement about "no way to please" me is just as preposterous, as I'm more than pleased with, for example, the Level D 767 or the PMDG's 747.ricardo

>Had you bothered to read my -fairly visible- "sig" you would>realize that I have more than enough "horsepower" to run this>addon. Then you have a serious problem on your rig :-lol :-lol :-lolTexture work and lightning could have been better thats the weak point ;-)With respect but every add on company has there issues :-lol and it's just a game :-lolHave fun guys,Andr

André

No serious problem on my PC.FPS locked at 30 and stays there, even with LDS767.PMDG737 drops FPS somewhat but 737PIC goes even lower.Sorry but the config program is not easy to use. Please tell me in the manaul where it explains what ANY of those tabs do?Take the graphics tab for instance. Other than 'Line AA' can you tell me what any of those options do?Poor docs for a poor package.......

No problem with LDS767...I run at 30FPS locked with my 'rig'.737PIC gives me a whopping 17-24 with wild fluctuations.So one addon grinds my otherwise fine FS9 to a halt and you think there is something wrong with my rig?Whatever............There are enough people here with similar opinions. We can't all be wrong (or beta testers)

>>No problem with LDS767...I run at 30FPS locked with my 'rig'.737PIC gives me a whopping 17-24 with wild fluctuations.So one addon grinds my otherwise fine FS9 to a halt and you think there is something wrong with my rig?Whatever............There are enough people here with similar opinions. We can't all be wrong (or beta testers)<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Great point Jeff. I'm having a similar experience with Eaglesoft's new Beechjet. Most people aren't reporting any framerate problems but when I try to use it in FS9 I may as well be running it in FSX. Do I go and condemn the whole package just because it doesn't work on my rig, 'no'. I wrote ES and they offered no solution, oh well. I can still recognize it's a nice product even though it doesn't run well on my system. I won't go and slam the developers over it... The tell tell sign is when others aren't having a problem and really seem to enjoy it. That's when I realize it's most likely something on my end... :-)

FS2020 

Click the Text rendering option called, 'System Default'.Check 'Line Antialiasing'Check 'Blend Colors'That's all for that tab.If your having a problem with frames don't fly with the weather radar on.All the displays outside of the FMC shouldn't be set any higher than 23 on the 'Displays' tab.I'm pretty sure after all this you'll still have problems and the whole add-on is utter crap...:-roll

FS2020 

I would really like to jump in right now and point out some of the features where the FT 737 PIC shines.However, taking my lead from the manuals provided with the FT 737, I won't spend the effort to document those features. :-rollSeriously, the FT 737 is second-tier payware. Not as well-round as top-tier, but there are areas where the FT product is strong. Just as seriously, I can't be bothered to defend this product on a public forum when the developers decided not to provide a professional manual for it.

There's so many reasons why I'm desappointed by this over-rated addon... Here's some of them... - "STAB OUT OF TRIM" not modeled ?- No light test... - Flap lever not moving whithout hyd power. Why ?- There's NO mag compass in this aircraft !!!! Wow !- APU start-up sequence is too fast !!! (It takes 20 seconds to open the ram air inlet door!!!) - If you stop the APU start up sequence an "OVERSPEED" light should come on- In manual reversion spoilers move... They should NOT as they are hyd driven... - In manual reversion you should only be able to move ailerons and elevators... No rudder (Hyd driven_Sys A, B or Standby).- Using the stab trim should disconnect the autopilot- Pushing the N1 btn after TO engages LVL CHG mode. WRONG. LVL CHG mode is inhibited 'till 2 1/2 after TO... - Flags on RDMI only show when there's no AC power. This is wrong... They should aslo be there when not receiving radio signals... - No fire detection and protection at ALL... - Pressurization system is not ok... No standby or manual mode... You cannot control the position of the outflow valve. And cabin altitude should ALWAYS be shown... Even with Bat OFF... - Do markers work ???- Standby horizon : no caging, no ILS/BCRS selector... No flags there also !- The "Speed Trim" light should be ON as long as IRS are not fully aligned... - Symbol generator switch not modeled...- No load editor- Ugly VC texturesThey call Pilot In Command... I remember the FIRST PIC... The attention the system simulation was up above FT have done here. And this was 5-6 years ago... Again a disappointment fot me. But that's just my point of view.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO