Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jason210

Majestic software Dash 8 yet

Guest Jason210

I haven't looked at the Majestic software Dash 8 yet, but it looks promising, though it's very expensive. Does anyone own it? If so what do you think of it? I think they ought to have included the component failure logic with the Pro edition version, instead of packaging it with the corporate edition out of the ordinary simmers budget range.http://www.majesticsoftware.com

Guest Jason210

No, thanks for the link.I've been out of flight-simming for some time...I'm just getting back into it again.

http://198.164.146.137/fanda/forum/viewforum.php?f=8Check the MJC Q300 forum if you have any questions, we will be more than happy to answer any questions of concern.Zane Gard did a mighty fine review of the Dash several months ago, which I know was just about spot on. As far as the systems and logic are concerned, for a turboprop approximately 80 - 85% of the systems have been simulated. Mind you the cockpit eyecandy is lacking in comparison to aTR, LDS, etc., but it is enough to get the job done.http://www.avsim.com/pages/0706/Dash8/Dash8.htmKroswynd

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

It's pretty good. Some of the best turboprop modelling physics and audio I've seen. The VC is a bit low-res but still very useable, complete and has excellent FPS.Costly, but if you're a turboprop fan it's worth it.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

the 300 is OK from a payware point of view, over priced for what you get but it is the only game in town. To bad they have dropped development of the 400 (and yes, a 4-5 your dev cycle for a single aircraft is the definition of 'dropped')With the exceptions of the sound package, the old PSS Dash comes in at a very close second in terms of capturing the overall feel of flight in this commuter plane

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Jason210

Thanks for all the help, everyone. Has a professional look about it, but I need to think about it before parting with so many euros.

"To bad they have dropped development of the 400 (and yes, a 4-5 your dev cycle for a single aircraft is the definition of 'dropped')"That is RUBBISH!!!!!Please get you facts straight before making such statements. The Q400 is still in development.

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Guest Jason210

I think one needs a throttle box, such as the CH thingy, to get most out of a Turbo Prop like this right?

Yes a ch quadrant would compliment the dash, but it is not a must.Kroswynd

Banner_MJC8.png

Guest B1900 Mech

How are the Gage refresh rates in vc and 2d?