Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacilore

fs9.cfg Question

Guest jacilore

Hi all:I am planning an utility for which I need to know if there's a default flight saved in the USERINTERFACE module of fs9.cfg. just after the installation of fs9. (In the SITUATION line, to be more precise)I believe normally fs9 saves there the last predefined flight, and I suppose when fs9 is first installed, that in that paragraph should bethe default Cessna flight in Seattle.But I would need to be sure of that and for me it would be a trouble to reinstall it just to check it myself. So, does anyone know for sure which flight comes in that paragraph?Thanks anticipatedJacilore

Guest RonB49

>Hi all:>>I am planning an utility for which I need to know if there's a>default flight saved in the USERINTERFACE module of fs9.cfg.>just after the installation of fs9. (In the SITUATION line, to>be more precise)>>I believe normally fs9 saves there the last predefined flight,>and I suppose when fs9 is first installed, that in that>paragraph should be>the default Cessna flight in Seattle.>>But I would need to be sure of that and for me it would be a>trouble to reinstall it just to check it myself. So, does>anyone know for sure which flight comes in that paragraph?>>Thanks anticipated>JaciloreWow, that's a good question and, like you, I'm not inclined to unistall and reinstall to find out but I have an opinion. I have always assumed that there was no FS9.cfg file until FS9 is used for the first time and then only after a normal shutdown.As evidence for my assumptions, consider that if you delete the FS9.cfg file, then run FS9, then shut it down; then a new config file is built. From experience, I can tell you that older versions of flight sim would not build and/or save the new config file if an abnormal shutdown occurred (a CTD or BSOD, for instance).So I think that you are dealing with a "blank slate" immediatly after installation.R-

Guest Phantoms

In your fs9.cfg file under USERINTERFACE, find the line that reads SITUATION=. It should have an entry after the = to your default flight path. Delete the path leaving only SITUATION= and it will restore the default 172 flight at KSEA.

Guest jacilore

Ok. Thanks a lot to both. It's been a great helpRegardsjacilore