Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

Captain Sim C130

Hi,has anyone heard of a work around yet to stop the engines quiting on you as soon as you land in this bird.it's very strange not being able to use the reverse thrust of the engines, that is even if you can stop them from just shutting down as soon as you touch down!thanks.

The update to 1.1 solved that problem for me, It has been out for a long time. Run the ACE and check for updates.

Hi Andrew, or anyone else.could you please have a look at this thread I started in the CS lounge, and see if you can make anything of it.http://www.captainsim.net/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1170111948I don't seem to be getting much in the way of help, and I am hoping that some fellow C130 users in here might know what is wrong.Thanks.

Seems like you got good answers to your question regarding the Condition Levers. The Allison T56 is a constant speed turbo-prop engine. The prop gets it pitch change commands from a combination of throttle position and engine speed. The Condition Levers only have 4 positions. RUN, GROUND STOP, AIR START and FEATHER. You don't need to adjust prop pitch like in other turbo-prop aircraft. Just set the Condition Lever to RUN and that's all you need to do.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.SSTSIM.com