Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanSmith

Idiots Guide to the 767-300

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi all, im used to flying the 737 ng by PMDG.Ive just been give a great present, the level D 767 and the angle of attack training video!But help me! Its soo complicated compared to the PMDG bird!Is there an idiots guide to get this thing moving a bit quicker? I know ill prob be studying for 3-4 hours, but id rather not study longer than that, as I only really have weekends :( The angle of attack dvd would take me weeks to get through! It really does seem 100% more complicated than the pmdg 737 birdsAny help appreciated!ThanksIan

I have both - if you can manage the PMDG737, you'll manage the LDS767 OK for sure, only a bit more complicated.Persevere!I haven't seen the DVD, I'd work through the 767 tutorial flights couple of times and will become clear.If I can do it, anyone can.

ngxu_banner.png

Go to the Level D support site, register, and get the tutorials. You can probably also find them in this site's library if you do a search for Level-D tutorial. Believe it or not, once you get used to the routine, it's actually as easy to use as the 737NGs...DJ

What is it exactly that your having trouble with? The FMC?The AOA DVD has a great section on the FMC.

HI:Just watched the video of the Beech 18 flight at your site. I am a member at the Canadian Warplane Museum and had the member flight in that plane. I am not sure but I think the pilot in the video was flying the day I went. He was excellent and let the co-pilot/first officer land which was so smooth it was incredible.Nice jobRegardsRick

I know the feeling.... took me forever to learn to start it "by the numbers". If this is your 1st problem let me know HERE and I'll give you the steps to get it started. I'm having the same problem with the Piper Cheyenne. jerry

Guest macman4

Please post the steps you use, Bob

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Well i have most of the plane figured out now after watching the angle of attack dvd....only thing I need to know is....I use fs paassengers....how do I calculate the gw wt (gross weight) to input into the fmc after loading fuel/pax/cargo ?Ian

Guest ianrivaldosmith

ok, i think i have figured the zero weight problem out!!!Now i just eed to know.....is there anyway from changing the weight setting used by the fmc from kilograms to pounds?

>ok, i think i have figured the zero weight problem out!!!>>Now i just eed to know.....is there anyway from changing the>weight setting used by the fmc from kilograms to pounds?Just go to the member section of Level-d forum and you find all the answers with ease :-)Have fun,Andr

André

FSP will give you a manifest just before you "load the plane", it has the ZFW, CG% and all the figures (the FMC will calculate the GW once you enter the ZFW).@ ditchpig, he flys the PBY most of the time, not sure of his name right now. If you get a chance to fly in the Harvard ask if Dave Rohrer will take you up (he is the CEO). He gives you one heck of a ride.......