Sign in to follow this  
flysupersonic

Airplane turning by self at takeoff help?

Hey guys,Lately when i take the FS for a spin on take off and landings my airplane tends to run off the runway for no reason, if i try to control it it crashes most of the time. Wind isnt an issue here i had wind set to zero and it still was trying to run off. But as soon as i get airborne i have no problems, only on takeoff and landings. Any ideas? Sry if this has been posted before im really busy so theres no time to check. any help would be great. thanx ahead of timeAir power

>Hey guys,>Lately when i take the FS for a spin on take off and landings>my airplane tends to run off the runway for no reason, if i>try to control it it crashes most of the time. Wind isnt an>issue here i had wind set to zero and it still was trying to>run off. But as soon as i get airborne i have no problems,>only on takeoff and landings. Any ideas? Sry if this has been>posted before im really busy so theres no time to check. any>help would be great. thanx ahead of time>>Air power-----------------------------------------Sounds to me that you do not have your TRIM tab on your tail set in the take-off range, or at least in the neutral. It should be at about 3 notches BELOW the trim-neutral mark. For some reason, you could have set up your SAVE'ed flight start-up with the trim in the landing configuration.Mitch R.

Guest PARADISE

You may also want to check your trim settings on your joystick/controller and the "Realism" settings in FS9. Especially the gyroscoptic effects. If set on "high" or "realistic" it can cause an excessive gyro effect in prop planes.John M

Do you have rudder pedals? Maybe one brake is being partially applied. That might explain the problem occurring on the ground.Kim

I know this sounds stupid, but make sure the autopilot & yaw damper are switched off.Otherwise you may think it's you doing the flying........

ngxu_banner.png

"I know this sounds stupid"I got a better one, did you make sure both engines are running??? :-badteeth If your trying to takeoff on one engine you'll most diffidently run off the runway if your not careful. Also if your flying a single tail dragger prop adjust the prop blades until you can roll safely down the runway for takeoff. Once your tail leaves the ground and your on two wheels push the prop level full forward (100%) for takeoff...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Jumpout of the cockpit, go round the back - look at the rudder. If it's not zero - i.e. it's not symetrically inline with the fuse centre line - then it's a joystick calibration problem. If the rudder/aileron/elevator are all zero then you should be able to perform a normal take-off, and given that you might have to manage some power/propeller effects.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.